Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 09:03 AM

Re: Eye Test

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
Lenses don't all cost the same. I have a "double" prescription - both an astigmatism and long-sighted, plus multi-focal. Plus to make them thinner than bottle -glass costs more too. They are about three times dearer than my OH's reading lenses which are just basically magnifying.
It wouldn't cost more for your prescription in different frames is what I meant. My husband has a complicated prescription his lenses cost the same whether he buys frames for £200 from his optician or for £20 from glasses direct.
Jamrob55
New Member!
Leeds, UK
Jamrob55 is male 

21-04-2015, 09:13 AM

In an aging society and with so many of us being affected by the blue light emitted from digital devises, eye health is very important. However one in ten people in the UK have never had their eyes tested and many, many more only go if they are experiencing problems with their vision.
An eye test is not just good for checking whether your glasses are up to date. It’s also a vital check on the health of your eyes. An eye test can pick up eye diseases, such as glaucoma and cataracts, as well as general health problems, including diabetes and high blood pressure.
The over-50s group is most at risk for cataracts and age-related macular degeneration so it is vital they have regular eye examinations.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
Lenses don't all cost the same. I have a "double" prescription - both an astigmatism and long-sighted, plus multi-focal. Plus to make them thinner than bottle -glass costs more too. They are about three times dearer than my OH's reading lenses which are just basically magnifying.
I think living in Tassie has a lot to do with the price you pay. I think you islanders are ripped off mercilessly.

My latest glasses have all the above plus tungsten frames and photochromic lenses and they were only $595. BTW mine were done at a private suburban optician's not a chain.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top