Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 11:09 AM

Re: Sky Broadband

I'm with Sky and have just tested my download speed ..... 11.25 Mbps so I consider myself fortunate after reading some of the posts here.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 11:45 AM

Iīm quite amazed reading this thread, I thought everyone in UK got superfast speed for internet, obviously not. Here Iīm with Midas Telecom, they used to be Telforce and I used them for years just for phone calls, I had to dial a number which put me to them instead of Telefonica for a much cheaper rate of phone calls. My internet was via Telefonica, who would deal with things quite promptly...providing you could get hold of them. There was, still is, a 24 hour service for broadband problems but once they became Movistar things changed, evidently the call centre people are given 3 minutes per customer so before youīve finished explaining your problem you are cut off and have to start all over again, then of course the same thing happens. Midas called me from UK just over a year ago and offered me a good package, because I was already an existing customer there was no change over fee and I didnīt have to do anything. It has been fine, here they are based in Malaga and Freephone to call them and all staff are English speaking, as well as any other language you require. I pay for up to 10 Mbps but at present I get just over 4, it was just a whim really that I did a speed test. Anyway I decided to call them, they had me doing the speed test, which shows on the technicians computers whilst itīs being done (donīt ask, I donīt understand any of this). After the test was done I was told I should be getting at least 8 and the problem was with my router which is evidently antique. So I was told a new one would be brought to me and installed free of charge, wonderful. Then the calls on my mobile began, all from Telefonica in Madrid. I am now past 30 calls, each one followed up by a text message. The calls I managed to answer were very quickly cut off. This is all from late Thursday afternoon by the way. I called Midas and was told to ignore the calls and messages but the order had been put in wrong and the router was now being sent to me by courier for me to fix up myself. When it arrives I can call them and they will give me step by step instructions over the phone. Now I note that Midas have changed yet again, they are now Midas/Movistar, Movistar is the new name for Telefonica. Itīs all good fun isnīt it? Midas are basically an English company I think, hard to tell who is who these days. So we shall see what happens tomorrow, whether Iīm back to the phone calls from Telefonica, whether the router arrives by courier or whether Iīm on the phone half the day to Midas. The only good thing is that Midas is free phone for their customers.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 11:57 AM

I'm not on fibre just ADSL2 and I get just under 20.Mbps. I'm with Entanet and wouldn't touch Sky or BT with a very long bargepole.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 12:43 PM

Why don't you like BT ? we haven't had too many problems and when we have had one they addressed it really as fast as the postman could deliver a new box.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 12:56 PM

Julie if I have a problem I can drop into Entanet's local franchise holder have a cup of coffee with him while he sorts it. I don't have to:-
1 Telephone a call centre in some god forsaken location.
2 Listen to someone reading from a script and not understanding or addressing the problem.
3. When finally they relent and an engineer is booked to call it's a 50-50 chance at best that they might turn up even longer odds that they will turn up at the specified time.
4. If/when the engineer doesn't turn up you have to start the whole process again 'cos Openreach cannot be accessed by telephone that I find completely bizarre.

With my local man if he says he'll drop in at lunch time he drops in at lunch time which is a novel concept that BT appears not to grasp.
digital granma
Co. Durham, England
digital granma is female  digital granma has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 02:51 PM

I've had Virgin Media for years and have not had any bother at all with them. I have Freesat upstairs since 2012 and that's been excellent as well.
tyrell
South Eat England
tyrell is male  tyrell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 01:08 AM

Virgin Broadband , is very fast it's excellent , never had a problem , Can Stream in Netflix, Amazon Prime and use My computer all at the same time. The whole house gets excellent connection all of the time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top