Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 10:16 PM

Re: started cleaning up

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
That looks really good; nice to grow food for yourself and the birds. What sort of birds do you keep?
All sorts...

Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 11:38 AM

Those are beautiful! Better looking than pigeons although a pigeon fancier might disagree.! That little one on the right look like something that has just come out of the jungle.
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 12:03 PM

More eating in a pigeon though. Poodog doesn't whether they part of the food chain
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
Those are beautiful! Better looking than pigeons although a pigeon fancier might disagree.! That little one on the right look like something that has just come out of the jungle.
Gouldian finch...Australian

Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 05:59 PM

He/she is just gorgeous...would give a budgie a fly for its money! We saw loads of the green parakeets in Oz but nothing like that.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK

03-03-2015, 05:13 PM

Back to the thread subject...

Local council replaced a heavy old fence near me last year...so I got the wood out the skip, cut away the rotten bits, and made 12 of these heavy planters.All for free except a fiver in screws
Mind you impossible without my old bench saw....A coat of fence paint and they're fit to go.

Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 05:58 PM

I'm a great supporter of Freecycle and saving the environment by keeping excess stuff out of landfill. I wish a few more folks were so inventive. I made a cat kennel for a stray cat last year from a discarded kitchen cabinet, the council was throwing out when refitting kitchens. So well done.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK

03-03-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Freshfields ->
I'm a great supporter of Freecycle and saving the environment by keeping excess stuff out of landfill. I wish a few more folks were so inventive. I made a cat kennel for a stray cat last year from a discarded kitchen cabinet, the council was throwing out when refitting kitchens. So well done.
Got some old pub tables out of a skip too...a few bits and pieces and some floor tiles made these...

Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland

03-03-2015, 06:36 PM

I like the bird table on the tree
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK

03-03-2015, 06:47 PM

Unfortunately the twisted willow there got a disease that reappeared for three years...so it had to go...and I needed to fill the gap

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top