Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 05:23 AM

Local man abducted

It might not make the news beyond this part of the world, but Tim Bosma, a young husband and father, went missing Monday evening while taking two potential buyers for a test drive in the truck he had advertised for sale. Someone responded to his Kijiji ad, two men showed up (either on foot or dropped off by someone not seen) and at 9:20 pm they all drove off.

As of tonight there is still no word. Earlier today police scoured a field in the area where his cell phone was turned off. There are vague descriptions of the two suspected of abducting him. There has been one alleged sighting of the truck, about 4 hours from his home, and not far from where I live now. I printed flyers of the poster circulating on social media and went around town with it. The post office put one in the sorting area where letter carriers would see it.

I'm astonished at the hundreds of people sharing this alert, the poster, Tim's photo, photos of the truck, and other info on Facebook. People who don't even know him, including me, have spread the word and become involved. Many have printed off copies of the "missing" flyer on their own printers and gone around their neighbourhoods and shops, as I did.

Besides the police, there are now there are thousands of truckers, cabbies, courier drivers and other people across Canada and into the USA who have a description of this man and his 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins diesel with some distinctive after-market chrome trim around the wheel wells. So many drivers on the roads are now on the alert. If anyone who sees this here is in Canada or the USA, please pass the word. Hoping for the best.
[IMG]
[/IMG]
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 07:37 AM

Re: Local man abducted

Cant help here in England, but what a sad story. Hope they find him soon. Mind you nowadays you cant seem to trust anyone. If they have hurt him then I hope they rot.
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 08:03 AM

Here's hoping and praying he will turn up and be alive.

Thoughts and prayers with his family.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 11:42 AM

Such a shame, I really hope he is found safe and well. Crime must be low in Canada for him to get into the truck with those two men, not sure I would.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 12:46 PM

If you're selling your car, truck, whatever - you need to see strangers. Because of society today - I am very reluctant to advertise goods for sale as we used too - we give them to charity now....
If needs be, there may come a time, but I'm not in any hurry...
Hope this man is found safe and well, the surrounding people have been great, all credit to them...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 02:36 PM

There were hundreds more posts overnight. One woman in a large construction company sent the flyer to every job site they have. Over 4500 people have volunteered to help with the search and are being organized. Although the case has been turned over to the homicide unit, hopes are still high.

If the truck was the target, as police are saying, I don't understand why the suspects wouldn't try to steal one instead of abducting the owner. His wife has been able to give a description of them. They will slip up, they will be found. I only hope Tim is safe.

Edited to add: someone who works at Kijiji is getting involved. I think they are contacting people with similar trucks for sale to see who may have called them too. Good idea.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 02:52 PM

This sort of thing happens all over the world it seems, thank goodness we have the internet these days, makes me wonder how many crimes were never publicised in bygone days and how many got away with this sort of thing
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 03:48 PM

It is a strange case, even if they robbed him - could not have been much on him. As for the truck - easily traceable - very strange...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

09-05-2013, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
It is a strange case, even if they robbed him - could not have been much on him. As for the truck - easily traceable - very strange...
Yes, I agree. His wife is doing a press conference at 2:30, about half an hour from now. I'll watch in case there's anything new.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-05-2013, 06:58 PM

Keep us updated Annie ....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top