Join for free
Page 11 of 36 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 01:46 PM

Re: Syrian War

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Sorry Mort. Although no directed at you solely, my remark was a bit tactless and childish. Possibly because I don't deal with long winded posts very well (again not you). Posts which list supposed facts lifted from various sympathetic sources and appear to support the poster's view. Life is too short to wade through all the overkill in attempt to check or rebutt it. I run out of patience. I usually say what I think and move on. I didn't mean to offend, I often find much to agree with in your posts.
Then please accept my apologies for jumping the gun and mistakenly jumping on you.
I tend to make long ....long ... and even very long posts myself to get a point over. I can woffle.
I'm glad you haven't left the thread. Discussion is good. I love it.

I admit we could be at risk of getting bogged down here.

To break it down.
Syria is the battleground of the ME.
Previous hardmen have been removed due to regime change instigated by the West.
Whilst exacerbated by Isis and his own Civil War (which is really no ones business but Assad's anyway), the war in Syria is really just the next chapter in the war for control of the ME. To protect Western and Russian interests.

I'm trying to avoid sounding like a conspiracy theorist fan here
During the Iraq-Iran War (1980's) Saddam was an ally of the US. The USA was well aware he had used chemical weapons against the Kurds in Halabja. They did nothing. The prime objective was to curtail Iranian expansion.

There was no outcry against Saddam until he was no longer a profitable friend ... and he became the enemy after invading Kuwait. As an enemy he was then accused of war crimes, genocide and the hunt began for weapons of mass destruction.
(The US themselves used white phosphorous in Iraq).

During the Gulf War ... Syria was part of the coalition and an ally of the West.
Assad is now seen as a 'bad boy' guilty of using chemical weapons and regime change looks an attractive option to the West.
Whilst fighting his own rebels, he has fought Isis and has recently made a stand against Turkey's invasion into Syria in defence of the Kurds ( Kurds who are allies of the West).
Despite this .. Assad is still considered an enemy, possibly due to his connection and allegiance to Iran who are also Shia Muslims. Assad in an Alawite, a minority but also Shia.

So where will the next chapter of the war for the ME be?
A carved up Syria? Assad cannot feasibly expect to hold and rule anything other than a country with diminished territory and shrunken borders.
Will it be Turkey versus the Kurds who want their own State.

The one no one wants is a war between Iran and Israel .. the latter who have recently hinted at a coalition with the Saudis if only to deal with their common enemy of Iran.
Iran ... friend of Russia... friend of Assad.

The changing political allegiances and are like a cobweb.
Can anyone keep up with the expediency of 'friend today, enemy tomorrow' and dumping of Heads of State.
Of course, unsurprisingly, the meddlers with the longest arms like Russia and the USA are the ones who live to fight another day. Fighting their own proxy wars.
In some instances, as with Putin over Syria, it helps steady that dangerous pendulum swinging erratically to all out war ... whilst at others, like Iraq since it's liberation ... it can leave a void which is filled by extremists who declare themselves a Caliphate and butcher innocents both in the ME and in Europe.

It's land grab pure and simple, fuelled by discordant religions and vying tribes.

I shudder to imagine what the ME will look like in 20 or 30 years time.. and hope the bloody oil and gas runs out first. It's far too costly in lives. Arms sales will plummet overnight. The world might look away, bored, uninterested, and the desert will be crammed with simple folk peacefully jogging home from work on their camels.

Boy, I did a long one ...again!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 02:10 PM

I bet that took some effort.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:31 PM

Currently recuperating and having a lie down.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

03-03-2018, 03:44 PM

For anyone interested in reading a well constructed, well thought out article without bias this one is good. It's a 'what next'.

http://theconversation.com/syrias-wa...onflicts-92203

Syria’s war at home is giving way to dangerous proxy conflicts.
As the Syrian War draws to a close are we going to see 3 new proxy conflicts.

Proxy War 1. In the south, Israel ( the 51st State of America) is facing off against Iran.
Not a Proxy War- yet. In the northern region of Afrin, Turkey is fighting the Kurds.
Proxy War 2 In the eastern provinces, Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are pitted against the Russian-backed Syrian armed forces.

Edited to add: Proxy War 2 . Though acknowledged that the Syrian Civil war is entering it's latter stages .... the Israeli's have of late entered the proxy war more whole-heartedly here and are now reportedly escalating their supply of arms to 7 rebel groups on the Golan Heights.
Tactically, this is more to do with providing a buffer zone and protecting boundaries against Iran and prolonging the Syrian war with the same end objective... along with extending Israeli occupied and controlled territory.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 02:25 AM

Very informative Morticia.

You being the only one who contributes to the subject, it's interesting to find more information on it all.

There is statement out this morning from Lebanon, saying they are ready for Israel !
There are petitions around for the protests at Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, visiting Mrs May this week.
One wonders why he's coming .

Today also says that ISIS have launched multiple attacks across Iraq. (not verified yet)

100 Turkish Army Vehicles arrive in Afrin for phase 2 of Operation Olive Branch

Turkish backed Free Syrian Army, take control of the centre of Raju . Free Syrian Army are paid by USA.

More leaflets have been dropped in East Ghouta for civilians to head to safety, however, the terrorists are using them as human shields and making the exit routes too dangerous to use.

SAA have seized 3 rebel strongholds across East Ghouta .

Al Nusra recaptures 50 towns in Idlib and Aleppo from rival Islamist militia amid huge counter-offensive . So maybe they are the ones who have fled from East Ghouta.

These bastards are like bloody hydras . All supported by outside forces.

Tonight US are accusing Russia not Assad, of killing innocent civilians in East Ghouta ! That's a change about. Is that the wriggling worm speaking ? The pentagon has already said in the last week,that there isn't any proof that Assad used chemical weapons. The terrorists are though..but they didn't mention that.

The Syrians actually hate the West now for not helping them. They can see (they are in the thick of it,) they understand , they have lived it and they know the truth. The Syrians are hating US , UK ,France and other EU nations and are urging Assad to continue his fight against these animals that have ruined all of their lives. They are behind him fully, from the comments I am reading on a daily basis.

When the West reports phoney news and we all start falling under their spells, have we forgotten the heads on spikes around the roundabouts in Raqqa ? Have we forgotten the orange jumpsuits ? Have we forgotten all the Ken Bigley's, have we forgotten the little girl being carried , wearing her party dress with no head ? That was the first image that I saw by accident , and I shall never forget it !
Have we forgotten that people suffer every hour of every day .

So we ask, why does Assad bomb these bastards ? Well, I'm sure we would too for the very same reasons .
The fact that Assad was happy to take 1.2 million Iraqi refugees in 2003 , was his downfall, giving free access to all the health care, schooling, etc. etc. forcing all the Syrian lives to change, soaring cost of food and homes and resulting in unrest , and in amongst those refugees where the origins of what goes on now , fuelled by foreign countries. in an attempt to change the whole of the Middle East. No one is foolish any longer, they know and they know which countries are behind it and for what reasons .

The worst thing is that US has lost it's credibility now, Trump is seen as a fool, and the only way he is going to retrieve that is by doing what all new Presidents or PM's seem to do to prove themselves.... otherwise Russia will be well and truly cemented in the Middle East and US won't want that will they ? At the moment the whole pre-planned project going back to Bush, seems to have backfired.
Israel have gone quiet again but that's fairly normal when there's trouble abroad.

As someone wrote on twitter : Ghouta is like the Holocaust but Mosul was “a huge journalism event” in which US-led forces took “much care” in burying at least 3,200 civilians in the rubble
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Very informative Morticia.

You being the only one who contributes to the subject, it's interesting to find more information on it all.

There is statement out this morning from Lebanon, saying they are ready for Israel !
There are petitions around for the protests at Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, visiting Mrs May this week.
One wonders why he's coming .

Today also says that ISIS have launched multiple attacks across Iraq. (not verified yet)

100 Turkish Army Vehicles arrive in Afrin for phase 2 of Operation Olive Branch

Turkish backed Free Syrian Army, take control of the centre of Raju . Free Syrian Army are paid by USA.

More leaflets have been dropped in East Ghouta for civilians to head to safety, however, the terrorists are using them as human shields and making the exit routes too dangerous to use.

SAA have seized 3 rebel strongholds across East Ghouta .

Al Nusra recaptures 50 towns in Idlib and Aleppo from rival Islamist militia amid huge counter-offensive . So maybe they are the ones who have fled from East Ghouta.

These bastards are like bloody hydras . All supported by outside forces.

Tonight US are accusing Russia not Assad, of killing innocent civilians in East Ghouta ! That's a change about. Is that the wriggling worm speaking ? The pentagon has already said in the last week,that there isn't any proof that Assad used chemical weapons. The terrorists are though..but they didn't mention that.

The Syrians actually hate the West now for not helping them. They can see (they are in the thick of it,) they understand , they have lived it and they know the truth. The Syrians are hating US , UK ,France and other EU nations and are urging Assad to continue his fight against these animals that have ruined all of their lives. They are behind him fully, from the comments I am reading on a daily basis.

When the West reports phoney news and we all start falling under their spells, have we forgotten the heads on spikes around the roundabouts in Raqqa ? Have we forgotten the orange jumpsuits ? Have we forgotten all the Ken Bigley's, have we forgotten the little girl being carried , wearing her party dress with no head ? That was the first image that I saw by accident , and I shall never forget it !
Have we forgotten that people suffer every hour of every day .

So we ask, why does Assad bomb these bastards ? Well, I'm sure we would too for the very same reasons .
The fact that Assad was happy to take 1.2 million Iraqi refugees in 2003 , was his downfall, giving free access to all the health care, schooling, etc. etc. forcing all the Syrian lives to change, soaring cost of food and homes and resulting in unrest , and in amongst those refugees where the origins of what goes on now , fuelled by foreign countries. in an attempt to change the whole of the Middle East. No one is foolish any longer, they know and they know which countries are behind it and for what reasons .

The worst thing is that US has lost it's credibility now, Trump is seen as a fool, and the only way he is going to retrieve that is by doing what all new Presidents or PM's seem to do to prove themselves.... otherwise Russia will be well and truly cemented in the Middle East and US won't want that will they ? At the moment the whole pre-planned project going back to Bush, seems to have backfired.
Israel have gone quiet again but that's fairly normal when there's trouble abroad.

As someone wrote on twitter : Ghouta is like the Holocaust but Mosul was “a huge journalism event” in which US-led forces took “much care” in burying at least 3,200 civilians in the rubble
My bold, second sentence, are you surprised? The ‘discussion’ has scarcely developed except as a polemic, a series of cut, copy and pastes, taken from dodgy websites, interminably long paragraphs that say nothing.
And before I get the,...’well why don’t you contribute?’ riposte
I know nothing about the Syrian conflict which I suspect is the common denominator here
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
My bold, second sentence, are you surprised? The ‘discussion’ has scarcely developed except as a polemic, a series of cut, copy and pastes, taken from dodgy websites, interminably long paragraphs that say nothing.
And before I get the,...’well why don’t you contribute?’ riposte
I know nothing about the Syrian conflict which I suspect is the common denominator here
There you go again. Accusing people of not knowing anything, because you don't .

I obviously know a damn site more that you do. But I'll say no more, as obviously not even the lives of the beheaded are worth a mention .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
There you go again. Accusing people of not knowing anything, because you don't .

I obviously know a damn site more that you do. But I'll say no more, as obviously not even the lives of the beheaded are worth a mention .
You are right, you copy and paste skills from some ‘iffy’sites are far superior to mine
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 01:33 PM

Please note: a post has been removed from this thread
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

05-03-2018, 01:40 PM

All sites are 'iffy' most of all the BBC.

One more thing;

For a number of years and just prior to the 'illegal invasion ' of Iraq, there was a constant stream of correspondence coming into this country from Iraq.
Potentially from a) tourist and predominately from b) University students doing projects on the UK.
There were one hell of a lot of students doing the same project !

They were requesting information from all over the country for maps, transport systems, important buildings, and just about anything else as regard our infrastructure.
One massive data base being complied. I can almost certainly vouch that information on the main areas of almost each and everyone on here will be known to them (whoever they were acting on behalf of).
Now that might be put down as BS by some, but once the authorities were informed, the correspondence stopped, therefore I assume that it must have been intercepted, which would indicate there was a concern.
That information could still be used in the future by those who wish to destroy us !
Would we sit back and let it happen ? No I don't think so...we would defend our country despite controversial opinions and fake news dished out in sympathy for the terrorists.

Page 11 of 36 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top