Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 12:18 AM

Re: Our home for the month

Nom - - There's more pine needles than grass and we never fertilize the area due to the damaging run-off of lawn chemicals into the lake.

There are 3 neighboring cottages around the lake but none are really close. This week, my wife and I are the only ones in residence and as the road dead-ends beyond the last cottage, there's no vehicular traffic either.

It's 15 or 20 miles to a good sized grocery store, depending on which one you choose. There's a gas station and small variety store about 5 miles away.

At night, there's not a single light in sight and as I said before, no traffic passing by. If you enjoy isolation (and it's getting harder to find now a days) this is a good spot.

This week-end we'll have company as our grand-daughter, husband, and 17 month old great grand-daughter will pay us a visit.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 06:28 PM

Its so lovely Dave - why only a month ? Is it a vacation place .............
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 11:41 AM

Absolutely stunning.

Though I'd be scared stiff on my own, it's seems like the ideal location for the usual B movie horror.
You know the type.....teenagers taking a break and end up being hunted by some hillbilly psychopaths.

Ps...what's the fishing like?
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Absolutely stunning.

Though I'd be scared stiff on my own, it's seems like the ideal location for the usual B movie horror.
You know the type.....teenagers taking a break and end up being hunted by some hillbilly psychopaths.

Ps...what's the fishing like?
Well, we've been spending our spring and fall here since 1998 and hopefully will continue 'til those "hillbilly psychopaths" catch up with us.

Haven't fished much lately, but I see some others pulling out some nice bass.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
Well, we've been spending our spring and fall here since 1998 and hopefully will continue 'til those "hillbilly psychopaths" catch up with us.

Haven't fished much lately, but I see some others pulling out some nice bass.
It's just so peaceful looking.
My sort of idyllic location.
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 08:14 PM

A lovely place to escape to Dave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top