Join for free
Page 10 of 42 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 11:40 AM

Re: Nigel Farage

Of course remainers didn't want it written in stone at all it's taken 40 years to get another vote. Time remainers had that sort of wait IMO
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Watching and listening to what Eu bosses have been saying before and since we voted I can't understand how anyone can still be a remainer. They clearly hate us and are going to do what they can to destroy us.

Why on earth want to belong to that club !

And anyone does, are they really on the side of the U.K. .?
I think the EU leaders have been incredibly restrained, polite and civilised, in sharp contrast to the Brexiter have our cake and eat it brigade. Had I been in their position I’d have just told the UK to sod off with no deal, you want to be out, then you’re out.
I don’t think they hate us but are truly baffled by the decision and the Brexiters bad manners. And that they are probably looking forward to getting rid of us. I only hope they don’t think we’re all like the Brexiters and close the door on us getting back in.
And, yes, those of us who want to Remain are very much on the side of the UK because we know staying in would give the UK the best chance for the future. And because we don’t want to see the UK reduced to the xenophobic “foreigners all hate us” attitudes of the Brexiters.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 11:45 AM

I wish they had said that instead of all the snidey remarks. We'd be out now too not rehashing it all daily.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:03 PM

I think Farage let people down by not staying the leader of UKIP until the task of leaving the EU was completed.

UKIP has collapsed without his leadership, we needed a 'pro Leave' party to provide an alternative and as a reminder to the other parties to get on with the task of procuring a speedy departure from the EU.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Watching and listening to what Eu bosses have been saying before and since we voted I can't understand how anyone can still be a remainer. They clearly hate us and are going to do what they can to destroy us.

Why on earth want to belong to that club !

And anyone does, are they really on the side of the U.K. .?

Hi

Julie, we voted to leave.

Theresa May has drawn the red lines, no Single market and no Customs Union.

That means no Services in any Trade Deal

The EU are not out to destroy us, we are just being treated exactly the same as any other trading partner of theirs.

WTO Rules do not cover services.

We have also ruled out any Switzerland type deal as this involves free movement.

This was our choice to do this.

There is currently no Trade Deal in the world which allows free access to services.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think Farage let people down by not staying the leader of UKIP until the task of leaving the EU was completed.

UKIP has collapsed without his leadership, we needed a 'pro Leave' party to provide an alternative and as a reminder to the other parties to get on with the task of procuring a speedy departure from the EU.
That seems a very fair assessment Meg. He led the battle to leave, but deserted half way through the battle. Surely no good leader would leave till the battle had been won?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Very often, the majority are wrong. Just because a lot of people believe something doesn’t make it right. And the majority in this case was a very small one. To go along with the crowd when you know they are wrong is weak willed and shows lack of character and integrity.
Ah, I'm beginning to see your logic.

In the case of Brexit, the majority are wrong. Therefore, you and the minority must be right.

That, of course, must override any principles of democracy, and the Brexit process must be halted immediately.

My advice, should you choose to accept it, would be to write to Mrs May and apprise her of this good advice and the grounds upon which you base it. I'm sure she'll see good sense.

Please let me know how you get on.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:40 PM

I think the EU leaders have been incredibly restrained, polite and civilised, in sharp contrast to the Brexiter have our cake and eat it brigade. Had I been in their position I’d have just told the UK to sod off with no deal, you want to be out, then you’re out.
Great. Whilst you are writing to Mrs May, perhaps you could contact that nice Mr Junker and explain to him that the best thing would be for him to tell Britain to sod off with no deal. That is, after all, what I personally want so, for once, I think we are in agreement.

I don’t think they hate us but are truly baffled by the decision and the Brexiters bad manners. And that they are probably looking forward to getting rid of us. I only hope they don’t think we’re all like the Brexiters and close the door on us getting back in.
Of course they don't hate us. They love us and are truly sad that we are leaving their club...
and that they're going to have to make up the shortfall of the billions we send them every year.
No, I'm sure they know we are not like those nasty Brexiters, which is why they are trying their best to support us remainers.

And, yes, those of us who want to Remain are very much on the side of the UK because we know staying in would give the UK the best chance for the future. And because we don’t want to see the UK reduced to the xenophobic “foreigners all hate us” attitudes of the Brexiters.
You're right, you know. Staying in would give us the best chance for the future. One big advantage would be that we wouldn't need all those elected (and unelected in the case of the upper house) people in Westminster. Of course the European Commission have our best interests at heart and can be relied upon to run the country for us. That's efficiency. Another advantage would be that we wouldn't have to go to all that bother of traipsing to the polling station every few years.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-01-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That seems a very fair assessment Meg. He led the battle to leave, but deserted half way through the battle. Surely no good leader would leave till the battle had been won?
He thought it was won as many of us did. The one deserter was Cameron, that was real cowardice IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-01-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I'm afraid you're perfectly correct. I believe that UKIP is now a spent force, largely because it has no clear leader and few reliable followers either.

There are several 'pro leave' organisations now, but that is their weakness.

If only they could all join together to create a strong and unified political party, it could form a turning point. Of course, that would need an effective, popular and charismatic leader.

Page 10 of 42 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top