Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:12 PM

Re: Retirement.

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Retirement should be a lovely leisurely time.
Some people hanker after all the things they did in their youth, but if it involves activates unless you have always exercised , alas they can no longer do them as limbs are not as agile and you could sprain various parts of the body!

Not much use trying to be a Ballet dancer late in life, as ‘Nobody loves a Fairy when they are 40,50,60,70, or even 80.

Who wants to be the ‘Oldest Teenager on the Dance Floor?
Also, it depends on one’s nature. If you are outgoing, you can join many Clubs and Societies many of which are free,
You can go to the many Adult Education classes run by every City. If you have a skill you can teach.
In Villages, there is always something going on in Village Halls
And….Shhh Sometimes there is wife swapping!!....... Don’t tell the Vicar!

Some men boast they can give much younger men a run for their money in the Boudoir
It is not true ..so I’ve been told!! … But they can do a lot of ‘Moaning and Groaning and falling asleep after all that effort.

You should enjoy each day and give yourself a little treat even if you are alone.

Where’s that Chocolate Éclair?

Love it!!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:33 PM

Thank you, Lion Queen.

I am pleased you have a sense of humour.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:46 PM

Now I’m depressed...I have another 8 years before I can retire
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Now I’m depressed...I have another 8 years before I can retire
Might be even longer with the current Government.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Retirement should be a lovely leisurely time.
Some people hanker after all the things they did in their youth, but if it involves activates unless you have always exercised , alas they can no longer do them as limbs are not as agile and you could sprain various parts of the body!

Not much use trying to be a Ballet dancer late in life, as ‘Nobody loves a Fairy when they are 40,50,60,70, or even 80.

Who wants to be the ‘Oldest Teenager on the Dance Floor?
Also, it depends on one’s nature. If you are outgoing, you can join many Clubs and Societies many of which are free,
You can go to the many Adult Education classes run by every City. If you have a skill you can teach.
In Villages, there is always something going on in Village Halls
And….Shhh Sometimes there is wife swapping!!....... Don’t tell the Vicar!

Some men boast they can give much younger men a run for their money in the Boudoir
It is not true ..so I’ve been told!! … But they can do a lot of ‘Moaning and Groaning and falling asleep after all that effort.

You should enjoy each day and give yourself a little treat even if you are alone.

Where’s that Chocolate Éclair?

.Nice one Azure...My sentiments exactly
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 10:16 PM

Thank you so much, May.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Might be even longer with the current Government.

That's true, Nom.
They will eventually make people work until they die, then just have a cold room out the back to stick 'em in.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's true, Nom.
They will eventually make people work until they die, then just have a cold room out the back to stick 'em in.

Oh Blimey...What a thought, But possible with the massive cost of funerals.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 12:45 PM

In theory, I `retired` two years ago because

a) I was sick of the increasing BS surrounding my job
b) Ill-health - my job has slowly crippled me over the last forty-six years
c) Being stuck in traffic for hours on end driving over roads that have put my back out, I just can't be arsed any more.

Having said that, I still do the odd none too taxing jobs for my long-time customers but instead of rushing round like a pillock being stuck in the usual massive traffic jams trying to get to a job, I can start the first job at around 11:00AM when most of the traffic is gone.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 04:43 PM

My FIL really suffered after retirement, he said he felt useless.

I will not be like that. My retirement age is 66/7, but I shall be leaving work long before then. I hope to be just like my great Aunt who never worked officially, she got herself a blue rinse and wrote poetry for several hundred Christmas cards for a firm til she died. What a woman.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top