Join for free
Page 202 of 255 « First < 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:05 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Oh no. Are you feeling any better?

I looooooooooooooooove butternut squash soup. Roasted red peppers are a favorite of mine as well. I like making a butternut squash and carrot soup and you just feel so good eating it. Health in a bowl.
I like soup full stop. I don't really like vegetables and I don't eat fruit so to make sure I'm not going to get scurvy, I make soup

Tonight's dinner will be chicken/ham and leek pie, using left overs from the week. Topping will be filo pastry to cut the calories and I've fat free yoghurt instead of cream for the sauce. I'm going to have sweet potatoes instead of ordinary spuds as they are classed as a veg and are better for you
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:06 PM

For the last couple of days, I have been eating salads, lots of berries, and some peanut butter for protein. I just want to try to lose a bit....but I don't think I can keep this up long, as it gives me a headache.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
For the last couple of days, I have been eating salads, lots of berries, and some peanut butter for protein. I just want to try to lose a bit....but I don't think I can keep this up long, as it gives me a headache.
Sounds like not enough to keep a sparrow alive tbh

You need to eat a balanced diet, all the food groups, to keep healthy and feeling well

I'm losing weight, not by dieting,not by starving myself or denying myself , just making sure I'm not over eating. A small plate, not over loading the plate, eating until full, only eating when hungry etc etc

I still get to eat French fries and chocolate , I just don't eat them daily and I don't eat a lot

Today was a work day so up at 6, in work for 7, when I had a black coffee. Tea break at 9 am when another coffee and one slice of toast. Lunch at 12.30, big bowl of HM soup. Dinner tonight as above. If I wasn't working I wouldn't do breakfast and lunch would be either soup, fish or hummus, then my dinner as usual

Starving yourself will make you ill and eating too little really isn't sustainable
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 05:32 PM

Yes WB, no good starving yourself.

Also Missy you should always have breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Mel15
Nowhere

02-02-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes WB, no good starving yourself.

Also Missy you should always have breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I know I should but I really can't eat that much

I can't face food early, never have done. When I was a teen I had a paper round before school so was hungry at break, again at lunch then when I started work I had such a commute it would be morning break before I had time for food and it's stayed with me

On a non work day, because I don't get up till later, there's not enough time for me to feel hungry more then once iyswim?

Saturdays we might be busy out of the house or I might have gone in to work for a few hours and going for a fry at 11 is a treat and needed. Then I'm not hungry again till 8 or 9 pm which is too late to eat so a bit of toast has to do
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes i'm fine now Linda.

Just had our dinner of:

Fresh Salmon Steak, Jacket Potato, Broccoli Cheese & Carrots.
Glad you're feeling better

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I like soup full stop. I don't really like vegetables and I don't eat fruit so to make sure I'm not going to get scurvy, I make soup

Tonight's dinner will be chicken/ham and leek pie, using left overs from the week. Topping will be filo pastry to cut the calories and I've fat free yoghurt instead of cream for the sauce. I'm going to have sweet potatoes instead of ordinary spuds as they are classed as a veg and are better for you
Soup is a great way to get your veg in. And I don't eat fruit, either. I never did like it much. There are some things I like, such as bananas, blackberries, maybe one or two other things, but I only eat them if they happen to be around. I don't purchase fruit specifically just for me to eat.

I love tomatoes and avocado, but I don't really consider those fruits, even though they are.

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
That's because you're not eating enough. Come on, chickie, we're not teenagers anymore, we can't pull off restricting food and get away with it. We need, especially now, to nourish our bodies.

Don't worry about not being hungry in the mornings. I can't eat in the mornings either. I can't even think about food until 10:30am-11:00am. And I get up at 6. Once in a very great while I'll eat breakfast, but not often. When I have an actual breakfast, it's usually because I made breakfast for dinner.

PS - 8 or 9pm isn't too late to eat. Listen to your body, not the clock. You need the nutrition. If you're hungry, then eat.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 08:07 AM

Today its:

Chicken Kiev, Potato, Carrots & Cabbage.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 04:13 PM

For lunch I'm having two baked chicken legs and cauliflower. And I need to make my cauliflower soup. I might do that today so I can have it for lunch at work next week.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 01:33 AM

You are all so right, thank you. And it didn't do me a bit of good. I gained 2 lbs. I am not going to do that anymore. I thought I would lose, but I guess my body thought I was starving and stored up fat. This is what a friend told me was happening....

Lesson learned......

Hope you girls are doing well....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

04-02-2018, 01:35 AM

Linda, you made my day calling me "chickie". I thought that was so cute...

Page 202 of 255 « First < 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top