Join for free
Page 25 of 27 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 >
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Re: Britain could leave the Bloc and do things better!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You just want to hasten the day when Britain becomes a third world country, don't you?
No, if I'd wanted to do that, I would have voted Brexit.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, let's sting all high earners for everything we can get out of them.

Then we can encourage them to emigrate to another country and take all their assets and businesses with them.

You just want to hasten the day when Britain becomes a third world country, don't you?
Yes, bearing in mind that those over the minimum wage are doing ALL of the paying in for the pension scheme..

44 years needed to be paid in, by me, to get the full State pension.

I'ts also worth bearing in mind that pensioners stll pay income tax at the prevailing rates.

Without us where would they be?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by tedc ->
yes, bearing in mind that those over the minimum wage are doing all of the paying in for the pension scheme..

44 years needed to be paid in, by me, to get the full state pension.

I'ts also worth bearing in mind that pensioners stll pay income tax at the prevailing rates.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:50 AM

The public made the decision, it was a vote. The government or any of these rich capitalists who are terrified they lose all their cash will have to accept it.
We are leaving the EU and that was decided at the end of the referendum.
Live with it. Deal with it. Get over it.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Live with it. Deal with it. Get over it.
Why should I? If the worst happens I might have to live with it for a while, but I'll never get over or forgive the disgusting behaviour of the Brexiters. And I'll deal with it by fighting to get us back in, boycotting British goods and companies who supported Brexit and clearing as many people who have the Brexiter attitudes out of my life as possible.
twizzle
somerset

31-03-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Y.
A lot better off.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Why should I? If the worst happens I might have to live with it for a while, but I'll never get over or forgive the disgusting behaviour of the Brexiters. And I'll deal with it by fighting to get us back in, boycotting British goods and companies who supported Brexit and clearing as many people who have the Brexiter attitudes out of my life as possible.
I wasn't getting personal against you, Twizzle. Never even heard of you before in fact lol!
That's your opinion. I have mine. All I can say is that you know absolutely nothing about what life will be like after Brexit, whether it be good or bad or just the same. We will all have to wait and see instead of trying to speculate and get our knickers in a twist.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 01:27 PM

You're right Floydy, we don't know. That's why we need some more reassurance from the government right now. I don't mean me personally, but business and other organisations that maintain our infrastructure. Organisations need to plan ahead.

I've always said that I'm sure common sense will prevail, but common sense may not always be compatible with voter expectations.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

31-03-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You're right Floydy, we don't know. That's why we need some more reassurance from the government right now. I don't mean me personally, but business and other organisations that maintain our infrastructure. Organisations need to plan ahead.

I've always said that I'm sure common sense will prevail, but common sense may not always be compatible with voter expectations.
Thanks Annie, that's a far more level-headed approach than that of Twizzle's onslaught lol.
twizzle
somerset

31-03-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I wasn't getting personal against you, Twizzle. Never even heard of you before in fact lol!
That's your opinion. I have mine. All I can say is that you know absolutely nothing about what life will be like after Brexit, whether it be good or bad or just the same. We will all have to wait and see instead of trying to speculate and get our knickers in a twist.
But life is already worse in the UK because of Brexit, it's not speculating or knicker twisting.

We have to live with the shame of being a country that betrays it's friends and allies and being despised and a laughing stock to the rest of Europe. Prices are rocketing, xenophobic, racist, Nationalist and anti-intellectual opinions are being allowed to flourish and get legitamised. We are getting dragged back into the 1950s.We are crawling to countries like China, and Saudi for trade, never mind their records on human rights, because we know we'll be desperate for trade post Brexit. The UK is a less tolerant, pleasant, liberal minded and modern country to live in since the referendum and it will be worse post-Brexit when the poverty hits and workers don't have the protection of EU rules.

Page 25 of 27 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top