Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Re: anxiety attacks

Lion Queen, you say that you had panic attacks in the theater, and in the supermarket. Anywhere else ? Ever had them at home ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Lion Queen, you say that you had panic attacks in the theater, and in the supermarket. Anywhere else ? Ever had them at home ?
It seems to be always when i.m out. Once I get home I usually feel better, I guess I feel safe at home. I ve made an appointment with my doctor on Saturday, I don't like feeling like I do.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It seems to be always when i.m out. Once I get home I usually feel better, I guess I feel safe at home. I ve made an appointment with my doctor on Saturday, I don't like feeling like I do.
Ask for a home visit!

Sorry, only joking. Good luck.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:16 PM

I hope you can get some help from your doctor LQ.

I've never had a panic attack myself but can imagine how terrifying it must feel
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ask for a home visit!

Sorry, only joking. Good luck.
I'll let you off seeing its you. Thanks
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:16 PM

Drugs are not the answer ,many interfere with each other and cannot be taken. As mentioned in one of the posts Fear is the worst thing as it increases the panic.I too suffer from anxiety ,I get s.o.b. and often get a coughing spasm and cant seem to breathe,my son is usually upstairs and I am on my own downstairs,' I worry about How I can get his attention '? A DR [not my own GP. but from a special team who visit patients to see what help can be given to them at home ]also expressed her concern about getting my son's attention and is looking for a way that I can alert him.Most times I have managed to sit quietly and breathe slowly and overcome the problem ,I can only hope that I can continue like this ,the alternative is too horrible.This seems to be the only way to help overcome an attack [ Sit quietly ,if possible,and breathe slowly ]
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 11:55 PM

Deylon, could you have something like a baby alarm set up, so you could talk to him and he could hear you? Otherwise, some kind of panic button?
Surely there must be purpose made things.

There's loads of different baby alarms on line if you have a look. Amazon, Tesco, Argos, and loads more.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 09:12 PM

Thanks Mupps I thought of a baby alarm ,I am waiting to see what the medic team come up with,but will mentio this ,I am quite happy to pay myself
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Queenie, so sorry to hear about the anxiety attacks. But good to hear you're going to see the GP.

When I was early 20s I used to get some sort of 'attack'.
I remember the worst as if was yesterday. I was on the way to meet my boyfriend and was on the bus.
I felt like I had the anaesthesia mask on my face and could smell the gas. Heart thumping, sweating, wanting to run and push my way off the bus. Feeling total panicked, frightened and trapped.

I wanted to be safe at home, so I went home.

After some time, I went to see a psychologist who went through relaxation with me. Even made me some tapes to help me. On another occasion many years later, I went to see a blind chap, not sure what his profession was now, but he tried hypnosis to help me. I couldn't let go, but he helped me find a 'setting' to visualise which helped me.

I feel for you petal.

Any idea if hormones might be playing a part? I feel loathe to mention 'menopause', but I know that can affect us in various ways.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

05-07-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Queenie, so sorry to hear about the anxiety attacks. But good to hear you're going to see the GP.

When I was early 20s I used to get some sort of 'attack'.
I remember the worst as if was yesterday. I was on the way to meet my boyfriend and was on the bus.
I felt like I had the anaesthesia mask on my face and could smell the gas. Heart thumping, sweating, wanting to run and push my way off the bus. Feeling total panicked, frightened and trapped.

I wanted to be safe at home, so I went home.

After some time, I went to see a psychologist who went through relaxation with me. Even made me some tapes to help me. On another occasion many years later, I went to see a blind chap, not sure what his profession was now, but he tried hypnosis to help me. I couldn't let go, but he helped me find a 'setting' to visualise which helped me.

I feel for you petal.

Any idea if hormones might be playing a part? I feel loathe to mention 'menopause', but I know that can affect us in various ways.
Do you know Pesta, I've been wondering that myself. I am 58 and I have no idea if I've gone through the menopause, although I haven't had (close your ears guys) a period in yonks. I've had no hot flushes or anything like that like I hear a lot of people get but I've read up that hormones can wreak havoc with your nerves.

I've suffered panic attacks most of my adult life, but in intervals, sometimes long intervals. I did learn how to control them and they went away but just recently they have come back again and I'm not coping with them very well this time.

Luckily I'm not suffering them daily as I have in the past, they were at one time debilitating and interfered with my life big style until I read a book, an old one, called Self Help for your nerves by Doctor Claire Weekes, I swear she was talking about me in that book and she helped me tremendously and I will always be glad I read that book because I realised I wasn't going to die after all.

Worst one I ever had was I got out of my car and was walking to a shop and all of a sudden I was walking on HUGE AND I MEAN HUGE sticky sponges. It doesn't sound much but it was horrific and terribly frightening. I could write a book about my panic attacks.

Anxiety/Panic attacks really are the pits.

Thanks for you input Pesta xxxx

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top