Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Re: The Gardeners harvest 2014

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
I have a nasty feeling my garlic is going to fail this year. The wretched things are flowering! Never had the problem before - any ideas why? I'll have to make a note of "Provence Wight", forgotten what variety I put in.
Hi Sue I have grown a number of varieties and never had them flower. Are the leaves browning, I would dig one up to see if they are ready to lift that is what I did.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Sue I have grown a number of varieties and never had them flower. Are the leaves browning, I would dig one up to see if they are ready to lift that is what I did.
Yes they are Meg, will pull a couple up later and see what's what.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 11:02 PM

Good news, yanked one head of garlic up and it's not at all bad. Whoohoo!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 11:04 PM

Good news, yanked one head of garlic up and it's not at all bad. Whoohoo!!
That's good Sue mine are a really good size this year, I am delighted with them..
Sweetsue
midWales

19-07-2014, 11:12 PM

Can you tell me Meg, is there a facility for "Liking" a post - I nearly clicked on the exclamation mark in the corner of yours - and then realised I would be reporting the post!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-07-2014, 11:14 PM

Can you tell me Meg, is there a facility for "Liking" a post - I nearly clicked on the exclamation mark in the corner of yours - and then realised I would be reporting the post!!
....no there isn't Sue
Sweetsue
midWales

19-07-2014, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
....no there isn't Sue
Thanks anyway - and nos da.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 08:14 AM

Until we get such a facility, you could quote the post, highlight the text, and just write 'I agree/like' or something? I know what you mean, I've sometimes wanted to 'like' posts.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 02:18 PM

I've been picking runner beans for the past two weeks. Last Friday I gave a kilo to a Hungarian friend who'd never tasted them before but thought I'd better show her how to prepare and cook them after she'd asked me if you baked them in the oven??? This morning I froze about 3 kilos and 2 kilos of French beans.

My ridge cucumbers are going mad, far too many for me this year as I've still got pickles left over from last year. The tomatoes are heavy with ripening fruit but last weeks thunderstorm knocked some of them over so I've had to re-stake them all and prune back a lot of foliage.

A woman's work is never done!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

20-07-2014, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
I've been picking runner beans for the past two weeks. Last Friday I gave a kilo to a Hungarian friend who'd never tasted them before but thought I'd better show her how to prepare and cook them after she'd asked me if you baked them in the oven??? This morning I froze about 3 kilos and 2 kilos of French beans.

My ridge cucumbers are going mad, far too many for me this year as I've still got pickles left over from last year. The tomatoes are heavy with ripening fruit but last weeks thunderstorm knocked some of them over so I've had to re-stake them all and prune back a lot of foliage.

A woman's work is never done!
It all sounds very productive Barbara

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top