Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:43 PM

Re: How often do you upgrade your phone?

Home phone about every 20 years.

Mobile .... I don't have one! I know I'm the one person in the world without one, the wife has one and they (GP etc) can text her or leave a message. I've got a camera on me most of the time.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

03-08-2018, 01:46 PM

I don't have a landline...so my mobile is my only phone. As I hardly use the phone it's not worth paying out the exorbitant fees they charge here for a landline.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:59 PM

I've got a landline, too, but only because it came with my broadband. Otherwise, it would be impossible for me to have wi-fi without a landline. I use it rarely.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:08 PM

LOL, Every time our contract comes up for renewal, EE upgrade our present phones. We transfer all data to the new ones, hate them with a vengeance and revert back to our old phones from about 4 upgrades ago. We have several brand new phones with chargers still in their boxes upstairs.

It actually took me years and years to persuade myself to upgrade from my "brick phone" to a Nokia flip top, and even longer to let my lovely flip top phone be replaced by an android phone.(and that was only because they had colour!) I have stuck with this one ever since, even though I must be about a dozen upgrades, if not more, behind everyone else.

At the moment I have a Nokia Lumia 625 and am quite content with it even though they must have had several upgrades since the 625. As for smartphones? I wouldn't even know what a smartphone looks like!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've got a landline, too, but only because it came with my broadband. Otherwise, it would be impossible for me to have wi-fi without a landline. I use it rarely.
I make all calls in our home on the landline, and receive all calls that way too.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I make all calls in our home on the landline, and receive all calls that way too.
My mother is the same. We tried to persuade her to have a panic/help button that would go around her neck (she is 92 but very independant). Luckily, her neighbours are very good.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:15 PM

I'm just wondering now if my Samsung J3 is actually a Smartphone? It might be an Android.
What's the difference?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-08-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm just wondering now if my Samsung J3 is actually a Smartphone? It might be an Android.
What's the difference?
It's definitely an android smartphone...with the right app you would be able to listen to any music you wanted to.

I'm guessing you don't have the latest one, but it's very similar to this: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...2018)-8928.php
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:17 PM

I have never upgraded my phone. It is on old clam shell one of my son’s which I have had for about ten years. I never use it, but do keep it topped up as I take it when out on my scooter with my dog. Just as security if anything should happen. I phone my landline on it once a month to make sure it is still active. I put £5 on it a couple of times a year.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
I don't have a landline...so my mobile is my only phone. As I hardly use the phone it's not worth paying out the exorbitant fees they charge here for a landline.
posting on here must be awkward without the internet on a landline

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top