Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 02:04 PM

Re: my neighbour opposite.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh dear! What a terrible story.
Sorry, it is a true story.
I cannot believe that Social Services do nothing!!!!!
What was I supposed to do, break the door down?
I am neighbourhood watch for a lot of folks where I live.
I know their routines. It will NEVER happen again.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sorry, it is a true story.
I cannot believe that Social Services do nothing!!!!!
What was I supposed to do, break the door down?
I am neighbourhood watch for a lot of folks where I live.
I know their routines. It will NEVER happen again.
I am glad you are not my neighbour! I would hate anyone spying on me. I don't think we have a neighbourhood watch.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 02:09 PM

Good heaven's! Not as dramatic as that Sweetie pie.
One neighbour put a pic of a cat in her garden on FB, she was trying to find out who's cat it was, as it was stalking the birds in her garden that she feeds all the time. lying in wait for them. I now know her name, didn't before & have never spoken to her, she now knows mine also as I answered her post. The cat isn't mine but I've seen it in my garden as well & I told her.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am glad you are not my neighbour!
What a thing to say, Tara, they asked me all of them. They have my phone number, I can be there quicker than the emergency services, they mostly live alone, and that can be scary for them.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
What a thing to say, Tara, they asked me all of them. They have my phone number, I can be there quicker than the emergency services, they mostly live alone, and that can be scary for them.
I wouldn't part with any information to a neighbourhood watch group, that is for sure.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Good heaven's! Not as dramatic as that Sweetie pie.
One neighbour put a pic of a cat in her garden on FB, she was trying to find out who's cat it was, as it was stalking the birds in her garden that she feeds all the time. lying in wait for them. I now know her name, didn't before & have never spoken to her, she now knows mine also as I answered her post. The cat isn't mine but I've seen it in my garden as well & I told her.
That is one thing FB IS good for, reuniting lost pets.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That is one thing FB IS good for, reuniting lost pets.
She didn't want it re-united with an owner, she wanted to know who's cat it was so she could ask them to have a collar with a bell put on it so the birds in her garden would be safe from being eaten & could hear it & fly off. I have no idea who owns it, it could be a stray.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 04:05 PM

I'm on FB, but friends only and they know very little about me.
You have to watch FB, not very safe.

My next door neighbour, I only know his first name and when he goes out to work and when he comes home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
She didn't want it re-united with an owner, she wanted to know who's cat it was so she could ask them to have a collar with a bell put on it so the birds in her garden would be safe from being eaten & could hear it & fly off. I have no idea who owns it, it could be a stray.
ah, I see.

I know a dog went missing around here, it was put on FB and it ended up with a group of people looking for him. They found him in the end I believe.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 04:09 PM

My Fb settings are as tight as I can make them, plus I never post personal details, even to my friends. Nor have I posted any pictures of myself, indeed I have never ever taken a selfie.

As for my neighbours opposite, I know absolutely nothing about them, have never seen them so dont know what they look like, names or anything, despite living in a cul-de-sac.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top