Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 12:57 PM

Re: Pregnant woman thrown out of steak house

I may have been hasty with my previous reply as I felt everyone was saying "cover it up" like it was some abomination.

So let me make it clearer. These days, if a woman is asked to cover up or leave an establishment because she wants to breast feed, there is usually public outrage.

If it is acceptable to breast feed in public why is it unacceptable to show your baby bump?

As for her personally, none of us can judge what kind of person she is, can we? Not on the strength of a story which has probably been used as click bait.

It wouldn't put me off my food, and even if it did, I would follow one of my lifes mantras which is.....if you don't like it, don't look
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No, the 21st, ready for when pregnant chaps are possible and it becomes the in-thing.
I'd prefer them covered up too. More so, they may have hairy navels.
How will we know the difference, unborn baby or beer belly?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Love this reply, my views utterly.
Stupid restaurant should simply have offered her a large napkin to keep her warm!!
I've seen beer bellies in shops in the summer far worse than that...and you don't say Aaaawwww at a beer gut
I suspect if they'd done that they'd come in for a whole heap of criticism, much like with breast feeding babies. Admittedly this baby is still neatly packaged up and not going to dribble.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:04 PM

Well, even uncovered beer bellies are not normally allowed in restaurants, here or abroad. I just think she should have more respect for other diners, herself and her unborn child. No doubt she will spend the rest of the week whingeing on facebook about how unfairly she was treated despite knowing full well that it would cause a problem.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I may have been hasty with my previous reply as I felt everyone was saying "cover it up" like it was some abomination.

So let me make it clearer. These days, if a woman is asked to cover up or leave an establishment because she wants to breast feed, there is usually public outrage.

If it is acceptable to breast feed in public why is it unacceptable to show your baby bump?

As for her personally, none of us can judge what kind of person she is, can we? Not on the strength of a story which has probably been used as click bait.

It wouldn't put me off my food, and even if it did, I would follow one of my lifes mantras which is.....if you don't like it, don't look
I get the line of logic and it's sound in many ways.
All for one and one for all .. as long as you're not exposing yourself indecently in any way.
But eating establishments are a little different than say, a public park.

A bulging baby straining at the seams is not an abomination but it can trigger the internal heave mechanism

It can all sound petty I know ... but then, think of other establishments ... say a library, where silence used to be the golden rule. Anyone who spoke louder than a whisper got seriously frowned upon or the librarian had a quiet word in their ear.
Similar thing. Different requirements for different places.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:15 PM

Hi

Nothing would put me off a decent steak.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

09-11-2017, 01:33 PM

Carnivore
Even Dracula didn't like stakes.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I get the line of logic and it's sound in many ways.
All for one and one for all .. as long as you're not exposing yourself indecently in any way.
But eating establishments are a little different than say, a public park.

A bulging baby straining at the seams is not an abomination but it can trigger the internal heave mechanism

It can all sound petty I know ... but then, think of other establishments ... say a library, where silence used to be the golden rule. Anyone who spoke louder than a whisper got seriously frowned upon or the librarian had a quiet word in their ear.
Similar thing. Different requirements for different places.
Yes, I absolutely get that. In my first post in this thread I said I wouldn't have dressed like that when pregnant, which is true. But what I was picking up from some of the replies was that some people thought a baby bump should be hidden. And that I don't agree with

I quite like the leggings and t shirt look, it's all covered and decent without being hidden.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 02:47 PM

A baby bump is a beautiful thing, covered or not.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
A baby bump is a beautiful thing, covered or not.
I agree Ruthio it's actually IMO nice that she feels proud of it, too many kids have parents don't care but she looks like a fierce lady lion who won't let anything happen to her little one.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top