Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:33 PM

Re: Stolen Purse

I have to disagree with you about the branding of criminals. To ruin someone's life over stealing a purse is overly punitive. Public shaming was outlawed in the fifteenth century because it was deemed too cruel. It seems to be all the rage again. I suggest sending the bailiffs to the perpetrators' homes, and removing many of their prized material goods, such as large large tv's, jewellery, even their cars. Give them life changingly high fines too.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Goldcrest ->
I have to disagree with you about the branding of criminals. To ruin someone's life over stealing a purse is overly punitive. Public shaming was outlawed in the fifteenth century because it was deemed too cruel. It seems to be all the rage again. I suggest sending the bailiffs to the perpetrators' homes, and removing many of their prized material goods, such as large large tv's, jewellery, even their cars. Give them life changingly high fines too.
So....punish them by removing personal items?
Items they stole or paid for with the proceeds of their crimes.

That'll work.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 06:37 AM

Hi

A video of a local purse theft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...geted-by-thief

The old lady had £4000 donated by locals and the two thieves have now been arrested.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 06:58 AM

I don't know where branding of criminals came in to this dicussion but it's not a bad idea .
Not with a hot iron that would be barbaric but perhaps with some dye on the forehead that would wear off after a few months .
They would have to stay indoors and not be out robbing people .yes I think that if caught their photos should be displayed in public .
These people ruin lives too .
That little old lady is shopping in Aldi she doesn't look as if she i anything but a pensioner probaby on a small budget .
What about her life ?
What about everyone's lives who are upset by these heartless thieves ?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 07:42 AM

On holiday one of us wears one of those flat nylon bum bags which we hide under our waistband. In his wallet hubby just keeps a very small amount in case he has to hand it over or it's pinched. In Tenerife I was approached by an old woman who sidled up to me muttering something. In her hand she held a balloon to hide her hands. My husband yelled at her and she scuttled away. I know what I'd have liked to do to her ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 09:01 AM

I too was wondering about Goldcrest's comments. We are on here stating facts. Incidents that have happened and are still happening.

If that shop worker knows (and states) that coach loads of pick pockets and thieves are dropped off to do their day's work, and I see many reports on Facebook and elsewhere that someone has had their purse taken in the shopping mall, then I'll believe her!!

I don't look at the world through rose tinted glasses.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 09:31 AM

I am fed up with the hug a thug attitude too .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:20 AM

They are lucky they don’t live in a country where their hands are cut off for stealing!!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top