Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 12:37 AM

Re: Sleep do you "drop off " during the day?

I average between 4 -6 hrs sleep a night.
On 6 hrs I can keep going all day and feel reasonably lively. Any less than 6 and I tend to nod off while watching TV in the evening.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 12:50 AM

Ha ha ! Listen to yourselves ! At what point in life , if ever, did you think you would be discussing afternoon naps and how long they take, with the rest of the blinking world ??

Amazing but true !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:00 AM

What a luxury. I do have a nap on a Saturday or Sunday if I am having a lazy weekend but usually it's not possible and it always makes me worry about diabetes even though the blood tests say otherwise..... At least one day at the weekend is a lie in (until say nearly 10am). But I never have a snooze in the evenings or in the day. I'd only do this if I was ill or on a well deserved holiday.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:01 AM

I habitually have a 'siesta' in the late afternoon for an hour or so. I just can't stop myself. Mind you, those Mediterraneans who do that have the right idea.

Of course, then at bedtime I don't go to sleep until one in the morning at the earliest.

Getting up in the morning depends really on the wife. If she's going to work early, to avoid the traffic, I find myself getting up at 7am, so perhaps six hours sleep at night.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Ha ha ! Listen to yourselves ! At what point in life , if ever, did you think you would be discussing afternoon naps and how long they take, with the rest of the blinking world ??

Amazing but true !
Amazing on two counts.

1) As you said.

2) That I lived long enough to discuss it.

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:16 PM

Only if I'm ill or haven't slept the night before.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 03:49 PM

Only if I am ill.
I have never just nodded off.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Amazing but true !
Too funny, Puddle Duck. We are nothing if not dangerously exciting around here. Let's just hope the teenagers of the world haven't found our wild side on the General Health thread.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 09:42 PM

Hehehe

I'm amongst other sneaky snorers

Well I have to admit now that I'm on new pain control, they knock me sideways so I am actually getting at least 6 hours ( only a few awakenings ) so I don't feel I need a nap.

Before this regime, I would only sleep 4 hrs a night for maybe 4 nights a week so a power nap was important I'd always set the alarm but get a good hours solid sleep around 3-4 pm which keep me sane

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top