Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 12:52 AM

Re: Pet insurance

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No doubt the cheaper ones are because the kittens would only be covered for a few basics JBR.
The more you pay, the more circumstances they cover usually.
I guess it's the same with any insurance for anything.

Did they say how much the excess's you would have to pay were?
Yes. See above!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 01:11 AM

Oops, sorry JBR, it's clear enough, so don't know how I missed that.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 09:47 AM

Mups, JBR has given the excess at the end of each quote. What I'm interested in is are those premiums monthly, or what?

I'll he sitting down one day doing some comparisons too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Mups, JBR has given the excess at the end of each quote. What I'm interested in is are those premiums monthly, or what?

I'll he sitting down one day doing some comparisons too.
Monthly.

What I don't know, of course, is the reliability of each insurance company. Are they difficult about paying out?

As suggested, we'll ask the vet next week.

Alternatively, we could do as someone else suggested and just put aside some money every month instead.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:56 AM

I didn’t take out Pet Insurance for my cat but I put away so much each month in what I called the Cassie Pot. That more than covered the yearly health checks and boosters and ‘under the weather’ treatment. I only had one big vet bill in her 20 years and that was for a full dental clean and a couple of extractions in her later years which came to around £250ish .... paid for out of her Cassie Pot.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top