Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:12 PM

Re: One In Four Remainers Now Back BrExit

Originally Posted by britforbrex66 ->
#1 England hasn't won a world cup since it's been in the EU.
Could someone explain this statement to me and how it's the fault of the EU? I thought England had only won the World cup once in the history of the World cup....

Originally Posted by britforbrex66 ->
Need I go on
Only if you explain your first comment and how Brexit will help England win the next World cup!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Could someone explain this statement to me and how it's the fault of the EU?
It will be interesting to hear the answer you get there Annie.

In the meantime I will say this. I am under absolutely no allusions in regards to sports. ALL sports are now the subject of corruption and match fixing. It has been proven time and time again, football, horse racing, snooker etc etc.

It all happened when online betting took off and in particular when it became possible to bet AGAINST an outcome. e.g. you can bet that horse ABC will not place in a race, you can bet that England will NOT score a goal and so on.

The betting industry now runs sport, period. They can see at a moments glance, how much money has been wagered on any given sport, any given outcome. So they can see how many £millions they stand to gain by fixing a given outcome, asking a boxer not to win, a jockey not to push the horse, a football player not to score, a snooker play to miss an easy black and so on.

No sport is immune from this corruption.

My guess on the comment there, is that the UK, being part of the EU is now subject to higher levels of corruption and fixing.

I no longer follow any sport really because of all this. It is pretty pointless. That also means I don't need to pay stupid money for Sky Sports
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 01:02 AM

Corruption aside, Brexit is definitely an own goal...
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 01:56 AM

Back of the net!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 10:22 AM

Still whingeing!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Perhaps you can explain how England's lack of world cup victory is linked to EU membership JBR? You did after all agree with the post...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 10:47 AM

Eurovision ! I wonder if we might stand a chance of getting a few points after we leave doubt it by a girl can dream .......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Eurovision ! I wonder if we might stand a chance of getting a few points after we leave doubt it by a girl can dream .......

We haven't stood a chance for years now, thanks to many countries looking after their 'mates'. You surely don't think they'll like us any more when the 'cash cow' has ceased to yield!

Eurovision is an embarrassment. If anyone is still in any doubt, it is nothing to do with music. It is a means of cementing political alliances!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Let's face it Julie, Botherhood of Man was our best moment !
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Let's face it Julie, Botherhood of Man was our best moment !
I sincerely hope that was tongue-in-cheek.

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top