Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:52 AM

Shed a tear over a song

What song makes you shed a tear? Mine is THE BLIZZARD by Jim Reeves a really sad song. Another is IF I COULD BE WHERE YOU ARE by Enya.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Re: Shed a tear over a song

There have only been a couple of songs in the past that I can remember used to make me tearful, I don't know of one single current song that could make me feel like that now.
I do like nice words, romantic and meaningful, can't be doing with all the screeching racket that comes out sometimes.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WhSOHSCtAc
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:09 PM

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Oh I wish.

No praise,no encouragement I am GOD and if you do not agree you will feel the back of my hand.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:26 PM

Easy one...one of my twin daughters was travelling all over America that summer of 2005 and was in New Orleans when hurricane Katrina was forecast.
Luckily they had booked their coach out the day before it was due to strike.
Unfortunately there were no drivers that day when the youngsters turned up for their coach - they'd all buggered off out as indeed had most of the inhabitants of New Orleans who could afford to.

So they were instructed to head pdq to the Superdome where they would find shelter.

But we lost contact at that point and had absolutely no way if knowing whether they'd made it safely there or not. Some of you may remember the horrific stories that came out of New Orleans and the Superdome during that long week.
We were frantic for news, we heard nothing for ten days, the TV was on day and night for news.
Stay with me, I'm getting to the point!

Then suddenly after the August Bank Holiday weekend there she was on Skype safe and sound with absolutely no idea that we'd heard nothing! It was horrendous and dangerous in there but the US marines had kept them safe...anyway, Coldplay's 'Fix You' was being played all the time back then...and what do you think my girl heard being played over the sound system when she finally walked through Heathrow heading for home?

"Lights will guide you home...and ignite your bones...and I will try to fix you" ...and I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my silly face as I remember!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 03:10 PM

It's a bit cheesy I know but it never fails to make me cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAeeGnAYBo
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 03:13 PM

Nessun Dorma specifically by Pavarotti.

The Green, green grass of home by Tom Jones.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

The Green, green grass of home by Tom Jones.
They played that at the funeral of a dear friend few months ago.
I don't think there was a dry eye in the church.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 03:45 PM

There's 4 songs that always make me stop what I'm doing to have a sentimental moment.

Schindler's List theme tune.
We have all the time in the world, Louis Armstrong.
What a wonderful world, Louis Armstrong.
Stranger on the shore, Acker Bilk.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top