Join for free
Page 11 of 33 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:06 PM

Re: What makes me tick

Originally Posted by Meg ->
LD I don't see bluntness as a 'quality' it is how some people are and we can accept them or avoid them and yes it can appear rude at times but can't we all in the heat of the moment .I have been told many times I am blunt.

I would much rather someone was blunt to my face than sly and whispering behind my back.
There are more than two choices.
How about none of the above?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
There are more than two choices.
How about none of the above?
...yes that too Tpin if it is your choice .

I try to temper my bluntness with a little consideration for the feelings of another person but don't always succeed .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:16 PM

LD I don't see bluntness as a 'quality' it is how some people are and we can accept them or avoid them and yes it can appear rude at times but can't we all in the heat of the moment .I have been told many times I am blunt.

I would much rather someone was blunt to my face than sly and whispering behind my back.
Heat of the moment, I understand, I'm sure I have done it in the past. I have never thought any of your posts have been blunt btw. It is possible to get your point across without being so blunt that it appears rude.

I'm not sure if this next sentence will be allowed but here goes:

I once answered a post in the style of someone else to see what would happen. the responses to my post were mainly negative; but if it had been written by the 'someone else', that would have been seen as ok.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:18 PM

...yes that too Tpin if it is your choice .

I try to temper my bluntness with a little consideration for the feelings of another person but don't always succeed .
That is the point.....you try., no one can expect more.
I refrain from saying things if I think it'd hurt or embarrass those I'm talking to.

common decency?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Heat of the moment, I understand, I'm sure I have done it in the past. I have never thought any of your posts have been blunt btw. It is possible to get your point across without being so blunt that it appears rude.

I'm not sure if this next sentence will be allowed but here goes:

I once answered a post in the style of someone else to see what would happen. the responses to my post were mainly negative; but if it had been written by the 'someone else', that would have been seen as ok.
LD that is because I take more time to consider my words behind a keyboard, I am more blunt in real life though age has taught me moderation.

I once told a person I didn't like her dress because it looked like curtain material (which it did) not to be unkind but because I didn't want her going out and looking foolish and others thinking it but not saying it.
I learnt blunt words and having a lack of tact can be very hurtful to people .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

23-03-2017, 12:27 PM

That is the point.....you try., no one can expect more.
I refrain from saying things if I think it'd hurt or embarrass those I'm talking to.

common decency?
Yes indeed Tpin but some of us had little training in aspects of certain acceptable behaviour when growing up.

We are self-taught through life experience.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:28 PM

LD that is because I take more time to consider my words behind a keyboard, I am more blunt in real life though age has taught me moderation.

I once told a person I didn't like her dress because it looked like curtain material (which it did) not to be unkind but because I didn't want her going out and looking foolish and others thinking it but not saying it.
I learnt blunt words and having a lack of tact can be very hurtful to people .
I would only give my opinion on how someone was dressed if asked for it, with exception of my husband of course. I would be blunt with my kids as they would expect that, but anyone else I would probably say, 'It isn't my style."
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

23-03-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would only give my opinion on how someone was dressed if asked for it, with exception of my husband of course. I would be blunt with my kids as they would expect that, but anyone else I would probably say, 'It isn't my style."
..I know that now Tara it was a long time ago ...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

23-03-2017, 12:33 PM

..I know that now Tara it was a long time ago ...
Fibber....it was Christmas 2016
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

23-03-2017, 12:35 PM

Fibber....it was Christmas 2016
...blunt people can often truthful people Tpin different sides of the same coin .....

Page 11 of 33 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top