Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 08:49 PM

Re: Cruise booked for 2018

watch out for these in the trees when going to the caribbean
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That sounds like a remarkable adventure. Please take and post pictures so we can travel with you vicariously. Did you spellcheck that? Some keyboarding you had to do there!
ok sounds good , you must go on the Flam Railway,https://www.visitflam.com/en/flamsbana/om-flamsbana/ I would imagine that that will be one of the tours, but it will be very busy. Briksdal Glacier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX5kmOaj8fY is another one from Olden, not much at Olden itself, its just a cruise port, there are some shops if you walk along the road but nothing special. Also there now is the new cable car to the top of the mountain, supposed to be worth a trip but expensive https://www.loenskylift.com/

Haugasand https://en.visithaugesund.no/

hope you enjoy it , take your brolly it can rain a lot here sometimes
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 05:38 PM

really looking foreward to that trip now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-02-2018, 09:46 AM

Just did a price check on the cost now of the same booking. If we had left it until now we would have had to pay approx £1700 more for the same cabin.

So glad we booked so early.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:42 AM

One and only cruise I went in put me off for life. Regimented visits when we docked in port, no time to really see a place. Constant food being eaten, no where to go for peace and quiet, surrounded by people 24/7 , and norovirus. Took me months to get over the norovirus.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
One and only cruise I went in put me off for life. Regimented visits when we docked in port, no time to really see a place. Constant food being eaten, no where to go for peace and quiet, surrounded by people 24/7 , and norovirus. Took me months to get over the norovirus.
Sounds like you went with the wrong cruise line. Research needed.

Port excursions are entirely optional. Mostly I just walk off the ship and explore at leisure and at my own pace.

What you eat is entirely up to you. You can eat as little or as much as you like.

On the ships I have cruised with there are plenty of places for peace and quiet. Usually the library, or the Crow's Nest during the day or various lounges. In warm weather the Prom Deck is one of my favourite places to relax, read book, or just chill out. All comes down to the ship though. Some ships don't have a Prom deck.

Norovirus lasts typically 48 to 72 hrs. Doesn't last months so I would guess you had something else. You'd probably be dead if you have Noro for months.

Norovirus can be treated quickly and easily using Grapefruit Seed Extract. I recovered from Norovirus in just 12 hours using GSE and allowing my fever to run its course.

All comes down to what you know.

Research research research.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sounds like you went with the wrong cruise line. Research needed.

Port excursions are entirely optional. Mostly I just walk off the ship and explore at leisure and at my own pace. But you are restricted to the ships sailing timings aren't you?

What you eat is entirely up to you. You can eat as little or as much as you like. I think it was seeing the plates piled high that put us off

On the ships I have cruised with there are plenty of places for peace and quiet. Usually the library, or the Crow's Nest during the day or various lounges. In warm weather the Prom Deck is one of my favourite places to relax, read book, or just chill out. All comes down to the ship though. Some ships don't have a Prom deck.

Norovirus lasts typically 48 to 72 hrs. Doesn't last months so I would guess you had something else. You'd probably be dead if you have Noro for months. No, I had norovirus,
and it did take me several months to get over, I was very ill, hospitalised with it

Norovirus can be treated quickly and easily using Grapefruit Seed Extract. I recovered from Norovirus in just 12 hours using GSE and allowing my fever to run its course. errr,
you think so?

All comes down to what you know.

Research research research.
It was well researched, and a well known cruise line.

I wasn't the only one to come down with norovirus on that ship.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 04:52 PM

Oh, still hoping I'll be well enough for mine this time.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 06:07 PM

Port excursions : But you are restricted to the ships sailing timings aren't you?
Yes of course but that's not what you said. You said there were regimented visits. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant. It's a given on a cruise that you will be visiting many places but most for only part of one day. Each port has very strict berthing schedules which cost the cruise companies many tens of thousands of pounds, even for just one day. So yes, you need to be back on board in a timely fashion so the ship can depart on time and they will rightly leave you behind if you don't play ball.

I think it was seeing the plates piled high that put us off
Which suggests you ate in the "smash n grab" buffets rather than having a "proper" meal in the restaurants where you are served specific meals by waiters in peace and comfort.

Worth also noting that when there is the slightest hint of Norovirus on board a cruise ship you NEVER EVER visit the buffet. That's the No1 place where the virus will be spread.
You only ever use your cabin toliet, keep hands off handrails and never directly touch lift buttons. All very simple and obvious measures but it's surprising how many uneducated people there are with hands everywhere. Those people typically get ill quickly.

No, I had norovirus, and it did take me several months to get over, I was very ill, hospitalised with it
OK, just seems odd. Norovirus is a gastrointestinal virus which makes you constantly throw up as well as having the runs. So are you saying you were throwing up multiple times every day for months???

Originally Posted by Realist
Norovirus can be treated quickly and easily using Grapefruit Seed Extract. I recovered from Norovirus in just 12 hours using GSE and allowing my fever to run its course.
errr, you think so?
Yep. As I wrote, I did it.

Ship's Doc said I'd be ill for 72 hours and I was naturally confined to cabin. Doc said I had a fever and told me to take Paracetamol to bring it down.

I knew better [research !] so I refused the Paracetamols and allowed my fever to run which is vital to combatting bugs and viruses.

Drank water with drops of GSE in it which kill the bugs in minutes.

In total I threw up only 3 times. I was clear of the symptoms after just 12 hours, eating normally again at that point.

Conventional Big Pharma mantra won't tell you about such things. They would prefer you stayed ill as long as they can string it out so you buy their products and treatments.

To be ill with the virus for months you must have had a poor immune system. I would also hazard a guess that you took something to bring down the fever, paracetamols, aspirins or something with those in. That's a fatal mistake, if you did. It means the virus is free to multiply and replicate at will resulting in them quickly over running your body to the point it can't cope. The result is long drawn out bouts of illness and fatigue.

Cruises are brilliant holidays mostly but you take the good with the bad when you are at sea. Sometimes you get good weather sometimes not, sometimes calms seas, sometimes rough. The more you cruise the more accustomed you get to these things. Overall though the best way to travel imho.
SallyS
South East, UK

28-02-2018, 06:57 PM

Gosh I dont have time to read all of course that. Suffice to say I stand by my post.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top