Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 09:17 PM

Re: Fidget Spinners

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Forget it. Go mark a few books or something.
Naughty MKJ - go and stand in the dunces corner!

I will not hear a wrong word said about teachers.

Thinking about it I can remember - and name and describe - every single one of my teachers from both Primary and Grammar schools.

It's doubtful that any of the Primary ones are still around - but they were so inspirational. Not just teaching the basics, though they did that extremely well, but opening doors in our minds - showing us a world full of possibilities. They instilled in me a thirst for knowledge and a need to learn that has never left me. It has stood me in good stead thoughout the years and I will be forever grateful.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:12 PM

I read somewhere that the fidget spinner was invented by a mum as way of helping her child relax and concentrate. She took out a patent in the beginning, but let it lapse. As a result she didn't make any money out of her invention. Both my grandchildren have fidget spinners. They look on them as being something to collect and are always on the lookout for different designs to play about with. It's got quite competitive seeing who had got the best one and I think fidget spinners have now been banned at their school.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:41 PM

I was watching an episode of This morning on catch up recently and they were talking about the banning of this. One school sent in a video of them using it in their PE lessons. They were banned in the playground but were using them to get the kids moving.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top