Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Re: Buying a Swim Spa/Exercise Pool ... good idea?

When l was with my ex partner, we went to buy a hot tub for the garden. One of the places we went to had a swim/spa on display and we considered buying one.
After thinking about it, we decided it might be a waste of time as, although you could 'swim' in it, it was 'on the spot' swimming, you didn't go anywhere! The spa section wasn't very big.
Instead, we bought a Jacuzzi J-470 (6-7 person) hot tub which was great! When we parted, l kept the hot tub for quite a while but due to the daily maintenance and the high electricity bills, l sold it!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When l was with my ex partner, we went to buy a hot tub for the garden. One of the places we went to had a swim/spa on display and we considered buying one.
After thinking about it, we decided it might be a waste of time as, although you could 'swim' in it, it was 'on the spot' swimming, you didn't go anywhere! The spa section wasn't very big.
Instead, we bought a Jacuzzi J-470 (6-7 person) hot tub which was great! When we parted, l kept the hot tub for quite a while but due to the daily maintenance and the high electricity bills, l sold it!
Yes I do wonder about swimming on the spot ... could become a little boring
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I want to swim.

Never been great at it but I always enjoyed it immensely and I would never again go to a pool.
As a regular swimming pool user I am puzzled by this remark.

Have you had a bad experience at the pool Rachel?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
As a regular swimming pool user I am puzzled by this remark.

Have you had a bad experience at the pool Rachel?
I just don't like them and yes, Carol, I had a few bad experiences when I was young.
People were often splashing around too much or landing almost on top of me

I'm one of those people who panics and breathes in if my nose goes under water ... this is not good
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 04:18 PM

You might like to give the pool another try Rachel.
At my local pool they have adult only sessions which are very sedate & I can assure you nobody would splash you or jump on you.

I would find swimming on the spot extremely boring.
At least with exercise bike, treadmill etc you can position yourself in front of the TV while you do your stuff but not with swimming....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You might like to give the pool another try Rachel.
At my local pool they have adult only sessions which are very sedate & I can assure you nobody would splash you or jump on you.

I would find swimming on the spot extremely boring.
At least with exercise bike, treadmill etc you can position yourself in front of the TV while you do your stuff but not with swimming....
Yes I know I ought to try it but the whole rigmarole ... getting a bus, taking 'stuff' with me, getting my hair wet ... nah

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top