Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Re: Best car you ever drove

The gadget I love most on the Subaru is the reversing camera. I much prefer to reverse into car parking slots, plus my drive is extremely steep and narrow (with a wall on the right side), so I reverse on to be able to get in and out of the driver's door. I thought our previous Mazda6 was good for parking, with it's beeper, but the camera on this is great, particularly in the dark.
GPapa
New Member!
South Somerset
GPapa is male 

28-08-2017, 12:04 PM

My first car - a Ford Consul - orange body with white roof and white side tyres.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 12:13 PM

It was a very much older design of this car..Mazda 6 coupe..I really loved driving it
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 02:48 PM

My first car was a Morris Cooper S which was powered by a Bathurst racing motor. That was lots of fun. Some years later I bought and restored a Jensen Interceptor. It had a 7.2 liter Chrysler motor and apart from the fact it seemed as though you spent half your life in service stations, it was a great car to drive. For years I drove a Toyota FJ45 Landcruiser trayback. Now there's a vehicle that can go anywhere.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Austin ambulance Katy in "Ice Cold In Alex".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 05:16 PM

Skoda Fabia 1.9Tdi

Wonderful car. Pleasant to drive, economical and fast, despite being a diesel. Leaves BMWs standing!

Had it for nearly 14 years and still reliable. Excellent engine.

The other important advantage of being a Skoda is that no-one wants to nick it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 07:52 PM

Are we talking cars we've owned, or just driven at some point - for example someone else's car?

For ones I've owned, I'd say the Crossfire I have now. Fast, comfy and docile when you want it to be - along with the Sapphire 4x4 Cosworth I had some years ago.

Others that I've driven, I'd have to say a Range Rover Vogue SE I drove some time back. Super quiet and comfy, with a commanding view of the road, along with the fact it can be off roaded if necessary.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 11:09 PM

The latest Focus ST is Ok, but, it makes too many concessions to fuel frugality, the BHP is good, but the drive needs to be forced, so, not a guilt free drive.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 02:36 AM

When I was at Bletchley Park on a PO Course in the 1960s I went on a trip to the Aston Martin factory at Newport Pagnell where I sat in a DB5 or DB6 - I forget which.

Does that count?

I quite like my current car an Isuzu Dmax dual cab ute. It has a 3litre turbo diesel so you can't drive it like you stole it but it can tow 3.5 tonnes, good road clearance and solidly built (weighs nearly 2 tonnes)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	151004 005 Car at Isabella Plain.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	3830  
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 10:16 AM

Fastest car I have driven belonged to my friend Steve in the 1960's, and I drove it part way between mid Wales and Reading. Put your foot down and a push in the back results. Going flat out along a dead straight road at about 5am and an Austin A30 came out of a side road about half a mile ahead. Discovered what lousy drum brakes they were. For more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XK140

A BMW 2.5 turbo diesel was the hottest saloon I owned. Easy to kill yourself by being over ambitious.

Fun car ? Took and passed my driving test during the snows of early 1960's in a 4WD long wheelbase Land Rover, mainly in four wheel drive!

Most reliable is and was the Toyota Prius. Smooth, cheap to service. Looking for a third one eventually. For example, I live six miles from Newport, and one day recently, because two ferries disgorged their cars and passengers together plus holiday traffic, the traffic was terrible. 80% of the journey, the petrol engine was off, electric journey only. Being silent in towns, one has to be alert to jay walkers who don't or won't look....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top