Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 03:35 PM

Re: May's Big Speech

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, the more she speaks, the clearer it is becoming that she is giving in to them.

I have a pretty good idea that she has signed her death warrant as PM.
Hi

How exactly would you leave without anything in place?

I am not being sarcastic, I cannot see any way in which we can.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 03:55 PM

We will take into account the rulings of the ECHR???
Isn't that what we do at the moment? Isn't that what we voted for, to get away from that EU poodle interfering with the decisions of the UK Supreme Court?

What the hell is she playing at? Either our own Law courts make the final judgement on cases in this country or she may as well admit to 17 million Leave voters that she is capitulating on one of the red lines that was promised by her. Capitulation.

Transition period? talk of 5 years before we leave. Is this what we voted for? Why aren't we leaving in 2019 as was agreed. It looks as though we are staying in, in all but name. What happens in 5 years? more time required. Theresa has made it plain we are not going to leave the EU anytime soon. Capitulation.

The EU blackmail bid. Theresa promises to honour it's committent to feathernest the fat backsides of the EU and it's equally fat pensions until the year 2020 And no EU member state will have to pay more during this period.
Nice of you to spend our hard earned taxes Theresa, That money could be better spent on our own social services instead of keeping others in the lifestyle they are so accustomed to. Capitulation.

Trade? I'll be surprised if there are not many countries in the world who are bitterly disappointed to learn we will not be doing any trade deals until 2022? Capitulation.

Border Control? At least 5 years before any stopping freedom of movement? Two fingers up to 17 million voters again. Capitulation.

Thanks for nothing Theresa. The only people who will be pleased will be the Remainers. 5 years is a long time to plan and scheme to keep us in.

I give up with her.#
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 04:00 PM

Okay .. bear with me.
I went brain dead months ago with all this Brexit stuff and I've lost the intricacies of the convoluted plot.

But ..
I'm seeing the news about May's cunning plan to soft pedal our way out of the EU.
Has she or has she not caved in? Sold us down the river.

Is the 20 billion she's bunging them the same thing as the divorce bill ( 100B) ..or is this just a sweetener (like she bunged the DUP) to buy time and delay our exit by another 2 years.

How damaging would a hard Brexit be?
At this rate we might as well stay in as I fail to see what we're gaining.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

How exactly would you leave without anything in place?

I am not being sarcastic, I cannot see any way in which we can.
From what I've heard, many people including not only Nigel Farage, but also politicians and hard nosed businessmen are assured that we can leave and just walk away.

Many of those who voted for Brexit must think the same, although others may not so, in effect, she has effectively split her support.

Personally, I'd be very happy for her party to stab her in the back (as they did with Thatcher). Unlike Thatcher, she doesn't have the balls to fight for this country and, in my opinion, should not be in the position of PM. We need someone stronger.

If she is presented with a vote of no confidence, perhaps they will replace her as leader and call for another GE. As everyone has now seen through Compo's lies, I'd be confident of a Tory government with a larger majority.

With the right person as PM (perhaps Boris or JRM - in any event, a true supporter of Brexit) perhaps we can then walk away without the 'bad deal' that May seems to be happy with.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
We will take into account the rulings of the ECHR???
Isn't that what we do at the moment? Isn't that what we voted for, to get away from that EU poodle interfering with the decisions of the UK Supreme Court?

What the hell is she playing at? Either our own Law courts make the final judgement on cases in this country or she may as well admit to 17 million Leave voters that she is capitulating on one of the red lines that was promised by her. Capitulation.

Transition period? talk of 5 years before we leave. Is this what we voted for? Why aren't we leaving in 2019 as was agreed. It looks as though we are staying in, in all but name. What happens in 5 years? more time required. Theresa has made it plain we are not going to leave the EU anytime soon. Capitulation.

The EU blackmail bid. Theresa promises to honour it's committent to feathernest the fat backsides of the EU and it's equally fat pensions until the year 2020 And no EU member state will have to pay more during this period.
Nice of you to spend our hard earned taxes Theresa, That money could be better spent on our own social services instead of keeping others in the lifestyle they are so accustomed to. Capitulation.

Trade? I'll be surprised if there are not many countries in the world who are bitterly disappointed to learn we will not be doing any trade deals until 2022? Capitulation.

Border Control? At least 5 years before any stopping freedom of movement? Two fingers up to 17 million voters again. Capitulation.

Thanks for nothing Theresa. The only people who will be pleased will be the Remainers. 5 years is a long time to plan and scheme to keep us in.

I give up with her.#
Thanks .. and I agree with you.
That's how it appeared to be to me.

If there was another referendum tomorrow I will actually vote this time.
To Remain.
Our government haven't got a clue and are making a muck of it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I give up with her.#
Me too. If she is still in power at the next GE, I shall either vote for UKIP (if anyone stands) or I shall not vote at all. Definitely, she has lost my support.

I had such high hopes for her - another Margaret Thatcher - but my doubts have now been confirmed.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 04:30 PM

All these sad, disillusioned scumbag 'nasty party' supporters, my heart bleeds for you!!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 04:44 PM

Well I am happy with it. But of course understand why anyone who voted leave is not.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well I am happy with it. But of course understand why anyone who voted leave is not.
I voted Leave, and I've never changed my mind.
But I'm happy to wait and let things develop in a reasonable, friendly and amicable fashion.

I've seriously considered divorce in the past, but never taken action on those thoughts.
However, had I done so, I would have wanted to take my time to ensure an amicable split, and not an acrimonious one, both for my own sake and everyone else's.
No way would I have packed my bags and legged it with four young children in tow.

By the same token... can't see why Brexit has to be as belligerent as some on here seem to crave.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top