Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:09 AM

Re: Branson-Brexit="worst thing that's happened to Britain in my lifetime".

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That is not a logic I can agree with.

Brexit is being lead by Leavers, Davis, Fox and Boris.
Of course, but we still have May and Hammond (and others) who are well known to be remainers. Don't tell me that they don't have any influence in the matter.

Until we have a PM and a complete cabinet of leavers, we cannot be sure that they really do intend to withdraw the UK from the EU, without punitive 'fines' of course.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:17 AM

Leave voters would not be happy with what the government does even if the whole of Parliament were leave voters. Because leave supporters cannot even agree amongst themselves on the best way forward.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Really? I'd counter that by saying it's leave voters who are not patriots because the outcome of this vote is already ruining everything good about this country.

Anyone who truly cares about Britain would not want it to turn into a third rate, dead-duck pariah.

Anyone who doesn't care if that happens because of a tunnel vision tickbock exercise about what Brexit must be is not a true patriot.
The problem seems to be that you people are unable to get it into your heads that leaving the EU was a democratic decision and we live in a democracy, at least for the present.

I have said before that if Compo the Clown were to become PM and I continually whinged about this being a bad decision, you expect that he and the Loony Party would be kicked out of government as a consequence of my whingeing, would you?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The problem seems to be that you people are unable to get it into your heads that leaving the EU was a democratic decision and we live in a democracy, at least for the present.

I have said before that if Compo the Clown were to become PM and I continually whinged about this being a bad decision, you expect that he and the Loony Party would be kicked out of government as a consequence of my whingeing, would you?

Democracy is an ongoing beast and is owned by everyone not just "you people". It doesn't end with a vote. Otherwise Tory voters would be up in arms whenever anyone moaned about Theresa May. The good thing about voting in a general election is you get another go if you get it wrong. In the case of this fiasco it's a one off. Not that I want another referendum, that's a totally stupid idea. Voters should just let the government get on with this the best way they can given our economic gloom and shoddy infrastructure. If they need a transition period then voters should accept that. Our economy is more important than personal pet peeves.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 06:52 AM

Just crawl under a rock you creep on your windswept little island in the Caribbean.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Democracy is an ongoing beast and is owned by everyone not just "you people". It doesn't end with a vote. Otherwise Tory voters would be up in arms whenever anyone moaned about Theresa May. The good thing about voting in a general election is you get another go if you get it wrong. In the case of this fiasco it's a one off. Not that I want another referendum, that's a totally stupid idea. Voters should just let the government get on with this the best way they can given our economic gloom and shoddy infrastructure. If they need a transition period then voters should accept that. Our economy is more important than personal pet peeves.
And doesn't even start with the eu who we don't even vote for !

All the griping about us leaving but no one has been able to tell me exactly what Europe will look like in ten years either. It's an exciting scary time for uk but I think it's sad for eu members as they hurtle into one country against most people's wills.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top