Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 06:55 PM

Aldı car park fine

Just received a parking fine from Parking Eye for leaving my car in the local Aldı car park for over 20 hours from 6th to 7th October. Whilst I certainly parked my car there on these two dates there is no way I left my car for more than three quarters of an hour on both occasions. Certainly not overnight but it is going to be difficult to prove. I have complained to the local Aldı manager who is going to take it up with the area manager. Anybody else had problems with parking fines?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 07:08 PM

Re: Aldı car park fine

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Just received a parking fine from Parking Eye for leaving my car in the local Aldı car park for over 20 hours from 6th to 7th October. Whilst I certainly parked my car there on these two dates there is no way I left my car for more than three quarters of an hour on both occasions. Certainly not overnight but it is going to be difficult to prove. I have complained to the local Aldı manager who is going to take it up with the area manager. Anybody else had problems with parking fines?
Fruitcake on here is an expert on parking eye pcns. Give him a shout he will help you
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 08:49 PM

It is not a fine. No private outfit can fine anyone.

It sounds like this is a case of double dipping where the parking companies monitoring equipment is not fit for purpose and has paired the first entry with the last exit, missing the vehicle leaving and returning. This is a know, but money making flaw, especially where ANPR cameras are used, a system that has been banned by the UK Government for use by councils and local authorities for car park monitoring. Unfortunately private companies are allowed to use this unfit for purpose equipment.

Edit your post to remove information about who did what. I don't know if parking companies view this forum but they definitely keep an eye on others and some have been known to use information from a forum in appeals rebuttal, and even in court cases.
Get into the habit of only ever referring to The Driver and The Keeper as a keeper has the protection of the Protection Of Freedom Act 2012 that the driver does not.

Your best bet is to join one of the motoring help forums. If you send me a private message I'll give you the details.

You have done the right thing by complaining to the store manager, but Aldi don't actually care and may direct you back to parking eye.
In any case you need to follow the tried and tested method of making a two stage appeal to the parking company.

To anyone who gets an unfair private parking charge, do not pay, do not ignore, do not reveal the driver's identity, appeal, but do not miss the appeal deadline.
Do your research first before you appeal.

You should also complain to your MP about the unregulated parking industry and ask them to support the forthcoming parking private members bill.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the information Fruitcake. I have lodged an appeal with Parking Eye and see what happens.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the information Fruitcake. I have lodged an appeal with Parking Eye and see what happens.

I hope you appealed as keeper and not as driver, so didn't use expressions like, "I parked ..."

Your appeal will be rejected (unless Aldi tell them to cancel it.) Don't worry, that's normal.

Your best bet is still to get Aldi to cancel it. It is believed they have a secret clause in their contract with parking eye that if a customer spends more than a certain amount the PCN will be cancelled. The public don't know what that amount is, but it is believed to be in the order of £30.

It is also believed that the contract does not allow parking eye to take Aldi customers to court. Parking eye issue in the order of 30 000 court papers per year but none have ever been issued for an Aldi customer as far as I know. This is good news but of course it could always change.

Good luck, and let me know if you need any further help.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 09:49 AM

Anybody else had problems with parking fines?
No, not around here with the wide open spaces.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:06 AM

Something I realised the other day is these companies can't fine you that's true but if they take it to court they can fine you there. So it's not good to ignore these things.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:51 PM

These so called fines are actually an unenforceable invoice.

They tried the same with us and lost badly. Threatened ccj's etc etc.
I'll see if I still have the letters I sent them. It stopped them in their tracks - scumbags!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I hope you appealed as keeper and not as driver, so didn't use expressions like, "I parked ..."

Your appeal will be rejected (unless Aldi tell them to cancel it.) Don't worry, that's normal.

Your best bet is still to get Aldi to cancel it. It is believed they have a secret clause in their contract with parking eye that if a customer spends more than a certain amount the PCN will be cancelled. The public don't know what that amount is, but it is believed to be in the order of £30.

It is also believed that the contract does not allow parking eye to take Aldi customers to court. Parking eye issue in the order of 30 000 court papers per year but none have ever been issued for an Aldi customer as far as I know. This is good news but of course it could always change.

Good luck, and let me know if you need any further help.
They can request it's cancelled regardless, as can any business who operates from a shopping centre...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 09:04 PM

So glad I live in NI where these Cowboys have no jurisdiction what so ever

I was issued two, on the same day , at an Asda car park. I found the guy issuing them and asked was the ticket an invitation to pay. He agreed , I said no thanks and handed him the tickets and went on my way

Never heard a thing since

Appeal to your MPs to stop these thieving toe rags

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top