Join for free
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 05:27 PM

Traffic Wardens

I went into the village centre where there is a main street with shops on , Walking along and i came face to face with a Courier having a confrontation with a Traffic warden , while the courier had been to deliver a parcel which had been very large , the Warden had placed a ticket on his Van .
Reason being he was half parked in a Bus parking space .
I thought it was being a bit petty ,but its not the first time ive seen mean Ticketing in my village .

Have you been Ticketed and thought it mean or did you take a chance parking in a restricted area and get caught ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 05:34 PM

Re: Traffic Wardens

I wasn't ticketed but I did get told off when I was trying to drop Gracie off shortly after her stroke at a therapy appointment. I was unsure exactly how the man imagined I'd get her to the place when she couldn't walk. As it was the therapist came out to kerb with a wheel chair to take her in.

That seemed a bit petty at the time. I hasten to add I was moving to park in the car park after just seeing her into the building.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 05:43 PM

Traffic wardens are far more drooling and eager than they used to be. Councils are getting strapped for tax payers' cash that they need to pay for the mayor and his dignitaries' private functions, so I reckon the parking wardens are bribed with back-handed bonuses.

I've had tickets three times I think. Twice for running out of time and once for taking a chance for five minutes by parking in a Tesco disabled bay (how come those arrogant Audi drivers and mothers with 4x4s always get away with it?).
So my fault on all three occasions.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:42 PM

Nope, never had a ticket - adjusts halo (where's the smug smiley)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top