Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Racker
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Racker is male  Racker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 01:54 PM

Why not keep it all in your own hands?

As a Dutch Anglophile I love to spend my holidays on your great Island. Over the years, we must have traveled most every part of Britain, from Lizard Point to well above Ullapool. As much as I'd regret, Britain leaving the EU, I also do understand the sentiment, so consider me a neutral outsider in this discussion.

But... Thinking about how difficult negotiations in Brussels are, I thought of a solution that'd give the British an opportunity to keep it all in their own hands.

It may sound as a joke to some, but think before you react...

Here's my Dutch solution:
  1. Stop all negotiations and withdraw the Brexit application
  2. then start negotiating internally, about the possibillities of England (possibly w/o Greater London) to.... LEAVE THE UK!

Weird as this may seem at first glance, thinking further, this would allow the Brits to keep it all in their own hands! England would leave the UK and subsequently the EU. And negotiations about borders, free trade and all other matters that have to be negotiated in Brussels now, could happen internally, amongst Brits.

OK... there'd be a lot of sentiment to overcome, but hey... There's a lot of sentiment in the way Brexit goes right-now too...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 02:15 PM

Re: Why not keep it all in your own hands?

Um what about borders between London and the rest of us ? If London was in the eu presumedly they would have free movement those of us outside of London would be hard pressed to stop people just coming out of London. Far too many roads lead in and out.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 02:22 PM

When I was a kid we lived on the Wirral peninsula.
One day it was on the news that the Wirral was going to go independent from the UK as we had a sea and two rivers on three sides and supposed some other barrier on the fourth so it was almost an island. My dad was over the moon thinking we would get independence from the mainland.
It was an April Fools news item. He was gutted when he realised
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Racker ->
Here's my Dutch solution:
  1. Stop all negotiations and withdraw the Brexit application
  2. then start negotiating internally, about the possibillities of England (possibly w/o Greater London) to.... LEAVE THE UK!
Absolutely not ! No way no how.

The elite and the corrupt London City collective will always vote to remain in the EU as that perpetuates their crooked gravy train, their crooked stock markets and financial vehicles.

Why would the UK want to effectively host another country inside of itself? That is patently ridiculous.

The country has already been usurped from the inside via Common Purpose stooges infiltrating it at every level and then fraudulently and stealthily handing our sovereignty over to foreign powers.

This MUST be reversed and the laws MUST be changed such that no politician, government or King/Queen can ever again perpetrate such acts of High Treason.

The British Constitution MUST be restored and documented properly in one place and made law. We must detach ourselves completely from the EU menace and restore our own control. Whatever pain we must endure, whatever hardships, recessions, poverty, we MUST do it. For living in difficulty as a free country is infinitely preferable to living as slaves under a corrupt totalitarian dictatorship.

What I would support is for the whole London City Boy collective to FO out of the UK and move to Europe. They are a cesspit of utter corruption who prey on their own countrymen and strip the wealth from them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Um what about borders between London and the rest of us ? If London was in the eu presumedly they would have free movement those of us outside of London would be hard pressed to stop people just coming out of London. Far too many roads lead in and out.
Would be the other way around. London would become like west Berlin and they would have to build a wall around it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

This MUST be reversed and the laws MUST be changed such that no politician, government or King/Queen can ever again perpetrate such acts of High Treason.

The British Constitution MUST be restored and documented properly in one place and made law. We must detach ourselves completely from the EU menace and restore our own control. Whatever pain we must endure, whatever hardships, recessions, poverty, we MUST do it. For living in difficulty as a free country is infinitely preferable to living as slaves under a corrupt totalitarian dictatorship.

What I would support is for the whole London City Boy collective to FO out of the UK and move to Europe. They are a cesspit of utter corruption who prey on their own countrymen and strip the wealth from them.
What British constitution? I thought we didn't have one. The Queen has hardly any power. We were never slaves.
Racker
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Racker is male  Racker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 04:59 PM

As I thought: this has stirred a lot of sentiments already... But think of the advantages: Brits that will not have anything to do with the EU could simply apply for an English passport. Pay taxes to England only. Get benefits from England only.

Proud England would no longer be dependent on foreign politicians to decide:
  1. what is to be subsidized or not.
  2. What will be taxed and how much
  3. Who will be allowed to work and live on English soil.
  4. (I could add things to this list endlessly)

Brits that would rather remain in the EU could just keep their UK passport. It'd depend on new English law if they'd be allowed to live and work in England (I'm certain they will) or that they'd be compelled to move and work in EU areas on the British isles.

But all this is just practical. What counts is the principle: the English, who in majority voted for Brexit could have their way, as they should. And all negotiations would be in British hands, no interfering EU politicians.

The EU, Brussels, would stand at the sideline, while the Brits do it "their way"... Wouldn't that be great?!
Racker
Zaandam, the Netherlands

23-10-2017, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Would be the other way around. London would become like west Berlin and they would have to build a wall around it.
But would they??
Racker
Zaandam, the Netherlands

23-10-2017, 06:41 PM

Absolutely not ! No way no how.

The elite and the corrupt London City(.....)

Why would the UK want to effectively host another country inside of itself? That is patently ridiculous.
You're making a mistake here: The fair Isle of Albion would host two entities/nations, countries if you like: the UK, consisting of Scotland, Wales and possibly Greater London. And "living" beside that state, there would be England. Free and indipendant England, w/o the influence of London, just as you desire...
The country has already been usurped from the inside via Common Purpose stooges infiltrating it at every level (.....)
If you think this over quietly, all that you wish would be achieved in my proposal. Britain does not equal England, just as EU does not equal Europe...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Racker ->
What counts is the principle: the English, who in majority voted for Brexit could have their way, as they should.
To have their way, the UK MUST come out of the EU, period.

Anything else is an un-democratic fudge.

It's obvious (at least to me) that there WILL be an un-democratic fudge of some sort because I realise that the voting system is pure baloney and that all parties are actually working for the EU. It took them 40 years to fraudulently and stealthily sell us down the river into the EU. There is no way at all that those elites are just going to say "ok, you voted to leave, fine, we will let you".

Just not gonna happen.

There is no democracy in reality.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top