Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Re: Name & Shame 'em!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-41904161

An ex-Welsh Labour minister who faced a party investigation into allegations about his personal conduct has taken his own life
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 03:11 PM

We were talking about it in another thread roxy my opinion is changing though as the day goes on. Shock and sadness stays the same, but as more comes out I'm thinking there was more to this than originally thought. It wasn't a single complaint several women had spoken out.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 03:42 PM

If there was ever a good argument that the investigation of these kind of allegations should NOT hit the headlines and become public fodder it is this.

He might have been guilty.
He might have been innocent.
He most certainly felt driven to take his own life.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
If there was ever a good argument that the investigation of these kind of allegations should NOT hit the headlines and become public fodder it is this.

Trouble is in cases such as in Rochdale the investigation did not start till it hit the local papers and the police where then forced to take it seriously and do something about it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I agree with you Morty, but the newspapers always find out and start flinging dirt around. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. The more they can stir things up the more papers are sold and another life is destroyed..
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree with not naming until after the trial and a verdict.

After a guilty verdict I want to know.

I want to be able to tell the littlies that he or she is a bad bad person and to avoid them.

I have always told the littlies, my own kids included, that if they are in trouble, find a Policeman.

One Policeman near here has been charged with raping a 13 year old.

They need to know who the baddies are.
Why would they need to know that "X" was a bad person just because they broke the speed limit, and why should a persons family have to suffer for the wrong doings of another family member. Should their children have to suffer possible bullying because their mother or father had committed a crime ,? NO they should not.There is only one person that needs to suffer anything and that is the perpetrator of the crime . There is no need whatsoever to publish their name .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 10:26 AM

The big problem is they most aren't crimes aren't even anything would lead to an investigation. So all the victims have is publicity.

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top