Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 12:48 AM

Re: Have l Bought The Wrong Bulbs?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I just installed a couple of 38DDS, did the job nicely.
I reckon you dropped a booby there Longdogs!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 12:51 AM

50w v 5w LED
The blue light blue is 5w but much brighter than the 50w

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0130.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	4411  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
50w v 5w LED
The blue light blue is 5w but much brighter than the 50w
A good trick if you have quite a few LED downlights in a room is to alternate a blue light with a white one. Combined, they give a better quality of light - it works on the same principle as the dolly blue added to washing years ago and then incorporated into washing powder for that `blue whitening`.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A good trick if you have quite a few LED downlights in a room is to alternate a blue light with a white one. Combined, they give a better quality of light - it works on the same principle as the dolly blue added to washing years ago and then incorporated into washing powder for that `blue whitening`.
I like that advice Judd. thanks.

I have downlighters, can they all take LED bulbs (depending on the fitting of course)?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 03:05 PM

Yes they can Longdogs, they are producing LED lighting with all the different types of fittings previously used on every other type of bulb......

Brilliant idea Judd, it will certainly be considered when we eventually have a new kitchen fitted....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes they can Longdogs, they are producing LED lighting with all the different types of fittings previously used on every other type of bulb......

Brilliant idea Judd, it will certainly be considered when we eventually have a new kitchen fitted....
Thanks OGF. time for me to remove the gas lamps I think.
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 05:17 PM

My spark just replaced two bar lights with four bulbs in each with two flat type lights in the ceiling which give more light than the previous 8 bulbs gave.

Sorry I don’t know what they are called but I love them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:45 PM

I have learned a lot reading all the comments and info. Thank You all!

I realised after looking at the LED pack, properly. It states that they are ‘50w replacement’ and are 7w.

I think because they are ‘warm white’ they may be more suitable for a living area and not a kitchen? Am l right on that?
I do prefer a lot of light in the kitchen.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have learned a lot reading all the comments and info. Thank You all!

I realised after looking at the LED pack, properly. It states that they are ‘50w replacement’ and are 7w.

I think because they are ‘warm white’ they may be more suitable for a living area and not a kitchen? Am l right on that?
I do prefer a lot of light in the kitchen.
Daylight white give the impression of being brighter. Warm white are kinda more yellow spectrum.

Anyway, led lights are great. I converted the entire house and our electricity bill dropped by around £15 per month!!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top