Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 10:13 PM

Trump likely to lose congress

The last 4 administrations: Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama have entered the White House with a U.S. Congress, from the same political party, which controlled both houses. However, by the mid-term elections all 4 presidents lost control of congress.
It is not so much a matter of liberal Vs. conservative, but rather a rejection of supreme government power. It is more a matter of the people wanting to control the government, instead of the government controlling the people.

We, as a nation, have always railed at a centralized, out-of-touch, government dictating to us what we can and can not do.
Occasionally, the centralized Federal government "get's it right"; as in the case of school integration, which forced state school systems to allow blacks to attend school with whites. It should be noted that it was not any particular political party which brought this about, but rather that the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) which ruled that segregation was unconstitutional, in the landmark case of Brown Vs. The Board of Education.
Unfortunately, however, the Federal government, ie the congress and the president, makes promises to the people and then fails to carry those promises out.
One of the primary planks in the Trump campaign was that he would dismantle the Obama socialized medicine agenda. (Often referred to as Obama Care). Trump and the Republican controlled congress have clearly failed in their promise. It is for this reason that the people will make the Republicans pay dearly for this failure, by throwing the bas*#^ds out.
In 51 weeks , following the 2018 mid-term elections, we shall know just how angry the people are.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:54 AM

Re: Trump likely to lose congress

Trump likely to lose congress
Probably filed it with his lost marbles!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:58 AM

He's lost the plot anyway IMO even his wife appears not to want to touch his tiny hands and people around him increasingly having to lie to back him up. It's interesting how far some of them are willing to go to try to say he's right, bald faced lying everytime.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 01:13 PM

As much as I'm not keen on Trump, I feel Clinton would have dragged the US into another war by now...also she was terminally corrupt.

I'm reading a book right now about Lyndon Johnson's administration post Kennedy and it fairly well pushes across the viewpoint that Johnson was a psychopath, totally unsuited to the job.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 02:09 PM

Trumps doing his best to go to war with Kim, if he is allowed he will do it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 02:16 PM

Will he? I'm not sure. I'll go evens with Korea or sticking his hoof in the Middle East somewhere.

Now Hilary Clinton would have made a ballistic beeline for Russia.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-11-2017, 02:19 PM

But but according to the wise one trump she was in cahoots with Russia I can't keep up with it all
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 02:31 PM

Me neither.
I'm coming to the conclusion with Trump it's a case of watch what he does, not what he says.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 02:36 PM

His credibility on the world stage has diminished, IMO. He is just a mighty mouth that blows off every so often.

'War' or threat of it, seems to be the thing that helps to show these men , as 'mighty'.

As we arrive at Remembrance day, once again, do we conveniently forget what we endeavour to achieve on such a day, ...for the next 364 days.. ?

I do wonder what happened to all those mutterings about Russia being a threat to Europe , and the building up of tensions not so long ago. I think it was prior to Brexit. Suddenly we heard nothing more.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-11-2017, 02:42 PM

I don't think there was ever any threat it all seemed to be part of the threats to keep us in line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top