Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Another damning indictment of Government Policy

One of, if not the richest borough in the UK sees the return of victorian diseases of TB and Rickets amongst the poorest section of the community.

This is shameful in 21st century uk and a damning indictment of cuts and austerity from this scumbag 'nasty party' government.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0e37d2f382205
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:48 AM

Re: Another damning indictment of Government Policy

They've been growing steadily in the homeless for several years, so it's no surprise if you keep people so poor they can't really live and just manage to exist these things will make a comeback.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 12:16 PM

Considering the EU wanted to lift everyone out of poverty by 2010, in actual fact there has been a big increase throughout the EU.
So whatever was put in place, like longer working hours, and the retirement age extended,(which was the EU strategy to solve a problem) it obviously hasn't worked.

I feel deeply for any who are on the streets, of which I am sure many will not be native to this country, but even if Europe has had a culture of rough sleepers for long enough , it's something that should not be increasing on our streets.

Having said that, on one occasion I was concerned about a rough sleeper who had no suitable clothing , his shoes were tied on with string wrapped around them and his jeans had all but a couple of threads left between the front and back of them. Flapping in the wind, half of the legs were cut off or ripped and his legs were purple. I bought him a warm winter coat from the charity shop. Offered it to him , and he refused it. I then contacted an organisation for advice, they suggested that many prefer to live that way !

So with that in mind, we can't really form a general opinion . Maybe some people just don't like being under a roof. Obviously not all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
One of, if not the richest borough in the UK sees the return of victorian diseases of TB and Rickets amongst the poorest section of the community.

This is shameful in 21st century uk and a damning indictment of cuts and austerity from this scumbag 'nasty party' government.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0e37d2f382205
Incorrect.
TB Is on the rise because of increased immigration from countries where TB is rife such as Romania and other east European states .
70% of the TB cases in the UK have been contracted from other countries .
London is full of people from such countries many of whom all living in slum like overcrowded conditions .
The rise of drug resistant TB is caused by the misuse of antibiotics .
In some countries notably the sub continent people buy one or two anti biotic tablets on the market . They do not complete courses and this the strain becomes resistant .
It's nothing to do with the government unless its the one that opened our borders to all and sundry .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Incorrect.
TB Is on the rise because of increased immigration from countries where TB is rife such as Romania and other east European states .
70% of the TB cases in the UK have been contracted from other countries .
London is full of people from such countries many of whom all living in slum like overcrowded conditions .
The rise of drug resistant TB is caused by the misuse of antibiotics .
In some countries notably the sub continent people buy one or two anti biotic tablets on the market . They do not complete courses and this the strain becomes resistant .
It's nothing to do with the government unless its the one that opened our borders to all and sundry .

On the contrary it is, because this scumbag 'nasty party' have seriously cut back on benefit payments and various other cuts in welfare.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Utter nonsense.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-11-2017, 01:12 PM

Utter nonsense.
And your evidence of rebuttal is???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

13-11-2017, 01:15 PM

I have just given my evidence you have ignored it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-11-2017, 01:17 PM

I have just given my evidence you have ignored it.

No, you've given an opinion, where's the evidence to support such contention???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 01:22 PM

It's been rising in the homeless long before immigration was a problem. The lack of decent housing and money to live on is the main in fact I'd say only real cause. If it wasn't we wouldn't see homeless with these diseases.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top