Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:22 AM

The Christmas tree.

My Artificial Christmas Tree is getting shabby & I'm seriously considering not replacing it.

This year we're out all Christmas day and going on holiday on the 27th so is it worth going to the bother of putting up a tree? I always have done - a 6 foot artificial one that's taken ages to decorate - now I'm wondering if it's time to stop bothering with one.

How about you - do you put a tree up?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:27 AM

Re: The Christmas tree.

I only have the small fibre optic tree (I sold my other small one, that had decorarions to put on it, at a car boot) and there have been years when I haven't bothered! And as I too am away this year have been wondering about it.

I bought a pretty and unusual wreath that can stay on my front door, whether I'm here or not, and shall make do with that.

I'm looking forward to enjoying all that Bournemouth has to offer, by way of decorations, so most probably won't bother here this year.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:32 AM

Carol, I said the same thing a few years ago.

Because we were away on Christmas Eve and Christmas day I though why bother, thing is I really missed the house being Christmassy, I came to realise it's not just Christmas it's the lead up to the day and that whole Christmas 'feeling' I'm away over Christmas this year too but I will be decorating as usual .

Have to admit I'm a sucker for Christmas though why not buy a small tree and scale it all down a bit, maybe that's the answer for you
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:34 AM

I really hate the bother of it. Because I have to do it all myself. Nobody else bothers to even pick up a decoration if it falls off.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:39 AM

We'll have ours up on the weekend before and probably down again on the Wednesday,the youngest (25) is home for this time but starts work again on the Wednesday so she will leave on boxing day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:46 AM

We don't trim up at all now, in fact we took the tree and all of the baubles to the charity shop when we cleared out the loft a few weeks back......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:59 AM

I used to love the Christmas tree up, usually had two, one that I decorated in the lounge and one in the kitchen that the kids done

Now we have one in the lobby only. No one sees it really as we use the back door lol I might be able to squeeze it into the dining room this year though now mr missy has downsized his car collection

Reason I don’t really bother so much nowadays is that the past few years I’ve worked in catering and come December the only garanteed day off is Christmas Day. Lack of time to enjoy it
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:00 AM

We have a Fibre optic tree that changes all different colours, and I do all the decorations on it with the help from Coco, who likes to pull it all down again and keeps jumping in and out of the box, but we won't put the tree up until a week beforehand and we are not really bothered as it will only be the two of us.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:14 AM

I would miss not having a Christmas tree up, I usually decorate it but I missed out on doing it last year due to back problems so my granddaughter offered. I have to admit though, I find it a chore taking the tree and decorations down after
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My Artificial Christmas Tree is getting shabby & I'm seriously considering not replacing it.

This year we're out all Christmas day and going on holiday on the 27th so is it worth going to the bother of putting up a tree? I always have done - a 6 foot artificial one that's taken ages to decorate - now I'm wondering if it's time to stop bothering with one.

How about you - do you put a tree up?
Depends who it's for, Carol (Great Christmas Name!) as, if you have children, Grand Children & Great Grand Children coming round, they'll love it.

Anyway, where will you hide all of our presents?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top