Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:16 PM

Re: Diabetes.

Has anyone been watching BBC1 Food Truth or Scare at 9.15am with Gloria Hunningford, yesterday they were talking about people who are pre-diabetic. Its on every day this week.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:19 PM

No not seen it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Alan...take no notice of these amateur dieticians on here ... she should continue to enjoy her pretty good diet, and do a bit of nice easy casual exercise.
I eat whatever and whenever I wish..no problems, no ill effects !
It has gradually got worse over the years insofar as my blood sugar levels have increased and my medication has increased to compensate,
That says it all for me Malcolm , perhaps if you had watched what you ate your blood sugar levels would never have gone up and you could have controlled the condition with little or no medication.

I am not a diabetic but have/had a number of family members with type 2 including my late Aunt who did not think diet mattered, she lost both legs.

Dad had type 1 and was insulin dependent for over 60 years so I grew up in a diabetic household .The doctors say the reason Dad lived so long was attention to diet . He never ate sugar or sugary foods.

So you can class me as an 'amateur dieticians' but I would say with my family history I am more qualified than many to comment on the subject .
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Has anyone been watching BBC1 Food Truth or Scare at 9.15am with Gloria Hunningford, yesterday they were talking about people who are pre-diabetic. Its on every day this week.
Not seen that but last year I was tested and deemed pre diabetic but had a blood test recently and no communication from the surgery so I must have cured myself!

I think they've moved the goalposts and are afraid of leaving anyone out..
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Alan...I bet you wished you'd never asked
I have never read so much nonsense in one thread.....sometimes I despair and am reminded of the expression about casting pearls before swine
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Sheila had to go to the doctor's this morning after having some blood tests 2 months ago. He told her that she is 'borderline' diabetic and gave her a diet sheet to read. She has a pretty good diet as it is. Could any of you offer advice to her ? The diet sheet makes no mention of eggs and she eats 2/3 in a week, are they OK to eat ?
Poor Alan you only asked about eggs
As Sheila is only 'borderline' I would think there is a good chance if she takes heed of the diet sheet,keeps her weight down and takes a little exercise daily the condition may not progress .

My Bother in Law had a routine check and was found to be 'borderline' and being aware of my aunt who lost both legs changed his lifestyle (he like his beer) his diet and his exercise. The next time he had a check up his blood sugar was lower which the Doctor said was almost certainly down to the changes he had made. It has stayed lower no more action was necessary.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

24-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Alan...I bet you wished you'd never asked
I have never read so much nonsense in one thread.....sometimes I despair and am reminded of the expression about casting pearls before swine
Malcolm some of us despair at you too
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Malcolm some of us despair at you too
Only some of you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

24-02-2016, 05:01 PM

Only some of you
I was being kind Malcolm
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I was being kind Malcolm
No need to candy-coat it Meg, I have broad shoulders and a sense of humour too.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top