Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 07:07 PM

Re: Bing Tool Bar

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Loretta can you go to Chrome settings the 3 dots at the top right of the screen ...
go to 'Advanced' then ...
'Restore setting to default '
that is what I did when I inadvertently clicked on something and installed an unwanted toolbar.

ETA Sorry just seen you can't access Chrome...
Thank you Meg. That was the problem, the minute I clicked on Chrome it went straight to Bing. It was quite literally driving me crazy. Thankfully sorted now and written instructions what to do if for any reason the (big swear word) Bing thing does it again.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
That's not bad, reasonable price, would cost more over here probably.
Thanks Purwell. The shop I went to has been here about a year, only five minutes drive from me. It´s run by two young English men, they are pleasant, always busy and appear to know what they are doing. I was quite happy to pay them 5 euros, in fact I would have paid more, I was so frustrated.

Absolutely everything I looked at told me what to do from Chrome, but I couldn´t get into Chrome, the Bing thing had completely taken over. I do appreciate the help given by you, Bruce and Meg though.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 07:39 AM

Some of theses tool bars are packaged with other software and you can download them without realising that you have done so. I always use the advanced option of down loading software so that I can see what I am getting.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:04 AM

Glad you got this sorted.

For anyone else with similar problems you can change your default programs (like the default browser) very easily:

(Windows)

Click START button

Select Default Programs (just under Control Panel)

In the window that pops up choose select your default programs

This will list your current defaults. You can change them as needed.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

15-08-2017, 11:00 AM

Thank you Realist. All information is appreciated.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 01:08 PM

I’ve only the basics of using a computer Loretta, but that accursed Bing thing got into my computer about two years ago, like Meg I clicked on something I shouldn’t have. It takes over completely and drives you insane, everything I tried could not rid me of the pest, I really felt like taking a hatchet to the computer and to hell with the consequences, at least I would be rid of Bing. In the end I had to get my son to sort it out, but I know how you felt.
Why is it allowed to take over? have they some sort of deal with Google I wonder, everyone I know hates Bing, can’t they take a hint when they know they're not wanted and just bugger off the net completely.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Advertising revenue Jem.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

15-08-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’ve only the basics of using a computer Loretta, but that accursed Bing thing got into my computer about two years ago, like Meg I clicked on something I shouldn’t have. It takes over completely and drives you insane, everything I tried could not rid me of the pest, I really felt like taking a hatchet to the computer and to hell with the consequences, at least I would be rid of Bing. In the end I had to get my son to sort it out, but I know how you felt.
Why is it allowed to take over? have they some sort of deal with Google I wonder, everyone I know hates Bing, can’t they take a hint when they know they're not wanted and just bugger off the net completely.
I know how you must have felt Jem. I'm certainly no expert, but I can usually manage to work my way through most things. (Having just completely messed up my mobile phone, perhaps I shouldn't have said that !).

I didn't click to download anything in this case, it was an automatic update on the new Lenovo laptop I bought, (and which I wish I hadn't bought). I went to use Chrome, hey presto it turned into Bing. I almost sent myself crazy looking up how to get rid of it, nothing worked. The problem was everything said to go to the Chrome tool bar, well I would have but I couldn't get it. No matter what I tried it went to Bing.

I hate Bing and I hate Mcafee, I've had horrendous problems with that too in the past. Like you I wish Bing, and in my case, Mcafee, would simply disappear off the face of the earth.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top