Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:07 PM

Re: Hysterectomy

Great news about your work giving you time off Floydy.

Remember to look after yourself too, wishing you both well.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Great news about your work giving you time off Floydy.

Remember to look after yourself too, wishing you both well.
Thank you Val
All set now really for my wife going into hospital at 7 am tomorrow morning. My stepdaughter is taking her in now, so I can get some sleep after my shift and be more refreshed to visit her in the afternoon.

I'm sure I'll be okay to grab an hour or so out and about occasionally. My wife is loaded with Mary Jane Staples books and lots to catch up on TV!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 07:38 PM

Sounds like you've got everything well organised Floydy! All the very best to you both.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 07:59 PM

My very best wishes to both your wife and yourself for tomorrow. Knowing how I felt before my cancer op, I doubt your wife will sleep much tonight. The only way to look at it is that at this time tomorrow it will be over, and the only way is up.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:28 PM

You're a good lad Floydy.... Mrs F has a gem in you methinks.

Best wishes again.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Sounds like you've got everything well organised Floydy! All the very best to you both.
Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
My very best wishes to both your wife and yourself for tomorrow. Knowing how I felt before my cancer op, I doubt your wife will sleep much tonight. The only way to look at it is that at this time tomorrow it will be over, and the only way is up.
Originally Posted by Pesta ->
You're a good lad Floydy.... Mrs F has a gem in you methinks.

Best wishes again.
There's some great people on here. When my wife is recovering at home I'll advise her to read this thread as I'm sure she will be quite overwhelmed by all of your well wishes.

I'm leaving work at 2am this morning and debating whether or not to stay awake until 6am when (her daughter now) takes her to hospital, or whether to go to bed. Thing is, I must see my wife before she leaves in the morning just in case.
Thank you all again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Thinking of you both this morning Floydy and sending my best wishes.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 10:11 AM

Me too Floydy, hope all goes well.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-08-2017, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thinking of you both this morning Floydy and sending my best wishes.
Originally Posted by summer ->
Me too Floydy, hope all goes well.
Thank you, Mags, Summer.
Some updates below...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-08-2017, 07:34 AM

Well as far as we can tell, and pending some further tests, my wife's hysterectomy was successfully carried out.

I went to see her yesterday afternoon, and again in the evening and I was pretty well overjoyed to see that she was in good spirits and sitting up in bed chatting away to us, albeit very tired and a little drowsy. I'll be visiting again today but she thinks she may be coming home as soon as she gets the go ahead from the doctors. She thanks all her well wishers - family, friends and of course you great people on this forum

My wife has asked if I could post a couple of questions though.
With this ‘Stage 1’ tumour now removed, my wife’s lymph nodes have been sent for analysis. These are being tested to see if they were cancerous. If this happens, does anyone who may have had experience of this know if this would that involve chemo/radiotherapy? Or on the other hand, if they come back negative, what happens next in the way of treatment, etc? Thanks all

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top