Join for free
Page 98 of 190 « First < 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 08:51 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Not been a very good week this week...Fell out with Mrs Fox, and I've got some serious decisions to make concerning my running. Going to Norwich for a couple of days with some friends tomorrow, it's a city I've never been to and would like to go and enjoy the architecture and atmosphere. When I mentioned that I would like to go there for a couple of days, Mrs Fox and friends said "NORWICH, why Norwich?" "Why not" I replied.....Sheringham is also a place I'd like to visit, so on Saturday before we set off for home I think I'll go and have a butches....Perhaps some lunch there....

Going now to check out the motor - check the oil and pump up the tyres and not forgetting to put a 'Tiger' in the tank Grrrrrr......
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:24 AM

Enjoy your trip OGF ... you better start planning another one with Mrs Fox
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 05:45 PM

Oh dear Foxy, but I'm sure Mrs Fox has your best interests at heart, I guess she's worried you'll overdo it. I know it will be difficult for you to give up your running completely but you could always try a few shorter runs and see how it goes.

It's years since I visited Norwich whilst holidaying on the Norfolk Broads, it's a lovely area, have a great time and don't forget to bring something nice back for Mrs Fox!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 09:42 AM

I'm sorry Myrtle and Val, I think we've got our wires crossed. I should have said We are going to Norwich with friends. Heavens! I never go anywhere without Mrs Fox, unless it's on one of my long walks or runs.

We go most places in a foursome with our friends and neighbours, who moved next door about seven years ago and we hit it off straight away. I've dragged them kicking and screaming half way around England, we've even been on a couple of cruises together.....Can't understand why they are still friends....Must dash now we are setting off in half an hour......
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 10:48 AM

Whoops !!! Sorry
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 06:21 PM

I thought you were off on a lads break Foxy. I should have known better, marrieds in our age group tend not to do that, unless it's a stag or hen party! I don't think I've ever been away without hubby. Anyway hope you all have a great time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-07-2017, 07:16 AM

Arrived safely in Norwich yesterday after a stop for lunch at Dobbies Garden Centre in Kings Lynn. Nice hotel and a very tasty dinner last night. Haven't been into the city centre yet, it's about a mile up the road and we were tired after travelling so drinks in the bar and an early night.....Thanks for the Happy Birthday Azz, Meg and Mags....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Arrived safely in Norwich yesterday after a stop for lunch at Dobbies Garden Centre in Kings Lynn. Nice hotel and a very tasty dinner last night. Haven't been into the city centre yet, it's about a mile up the road and we were tired after travelling so drinks in the bar and an early night.....Thanks for the Happy Birthday Azz, Meg and Mags....
I didn't know it was your birthday Foxy, so belated happy birthday wishes. Now you are getting on a bit, I have sent 2 cakes so you don't have to blow out too many candles at once.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-07-2017, 06:26 PM

So many candles Twink I almost set the room on fire....And Mrs Fox says I haven't done that since I was forty..........Well I still feel young anyway......

Spent all day walking around Norwich and I don't think we even scratched the surface. The Cathedral is one of the most beautiful I've ever been in, and one of the largest. The refectory wasn't too shabby either, serving a delicious selection of home made sandwiches and cakes. I made believe my wedge of Victoria Sponge was my birthday cake from Twink....

The overcast skies didn't produce any rain but a bracing north westerly made me wish I'd put my jumper in the rucksack as we found a very secluded path alongside the river.
The castle was next on the agenda but the nine quid entrance fee made me feel a bit queezy, so we settled for another cup of tea and a muffin. I think the art gallery was free so we spent an hour wandering round there, nobody said owt' anyway...

My friend Michael is an artist so I learned all about the renaissance...Buggered if I know what he was on about....

So as Mrs Fox was beginning to nod off over her horlicks we decided to head back to the hotel for an afternoon nap before tonight's celebrations, I hope you all can make it and I've put some money behind the bar (£5) so you can have a drink on me, I hope you don't go mad though because I will use the change for tomorrow's lunch....

Speaking of which.....We hope to motor up to Sheringham on the coast before we set off for home. Perhaps a birthday dip in the sea if it's not too cold.......
Had better get dressed for dinner now all this sightseeing has given me a right appetite....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 07:02 PM

I hope you have a lovely evening.

Page 98 of 190 « First < 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top