Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Frankie
New Member!
Staffordshire
Frankie is female 

28-10-2015, 06:45 PM

First holiday by myself to St Lucia

Hi,

I'm a very scared Widow going on Holiday for the first time by myself, I know the first one is the worst and I know I will get over myself, I just wondered if there was any single person going to Bel Jou, St Lucia for Christmas and New Yearl
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 07:26 PM

Re: First holiday by myself to St Lucia

Hello Frankie - be brave, so many people in your position that I know of and I admire them for travelling alone and then meeting people on the way.
Look at it this way - if you travel with someone you could be stuck with a right nuisance
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 07:32 PM

Hi Frankie
I'm sure there will be others in your group that you'll quickly make friends with, and you'll have a great time!
My cousin was widowed really young and she's always travelled on her own...she says the money she's shelled out in single supplements over the years is the best value for money she's ever bought!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie ->
Hi,

I'm a very scared Widow going on Holiday for the first time by myself, I know the first one is the worst and I know I will get over myself, I just wondered if there was any single person going to Bel Jou, St Lucia for Christmas and New Yearl
Hello Frankie and welcome..

You have taken the first step by booking the holiday .
Not a holiday situation but I will tell you what I was told when instructed to 'mingle' on my own at a party. Look out for anyone who seems a bit 'awkward' or lonely , forget yourself and try to put them at ease .

I did just that all be it with shaking legs and I was just fine.

Enjoy your holiday
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:45 PM

Go for it!
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 09:17 PM

So hope you have a wonderful time. I admire you going on holiday alone.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 02:19 PM

Hi Frankie. You will enjoy it, and I bet you will look back on this trepidation with amusement. I think you will find others there will ask you to join them or meat up with them, particularly as it is the festive season.
It may be strange at first, but you might find after a while that it is nice to be able to do exactly what you want to do without others restricting you!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 02:35 PM

Couldn't agree more - and this is a lady that has done the travelling more than once, on her own
Me admiration is brimming over
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 03:54 PM

Yep, I wouldn't want to travel WITH someone now

Just noticed my typo… don't think I meant meAt up, although that conjures up some interesting images...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-10-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Yep, I wouldn't want to travel WITH someone now

Just noticed my typo… don't think I meant meAt up, although that conjures up some interesting images...

Gave me a giggle that's for sure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top