Join for free
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Re: Attractive v unattractive

I hate the paper bag analogy it's so cruel .
As if it were right to take away a persons identity because they were not attractive .
It the same with animals even .
I loved a dog once it had a terrible life chained and badly treated .
I would help it as much as I could but it was ugly and people didn't like it because it was ugly .
They judged that great hearted suffering animal on it looks .
Horrible people
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's so sad apparently it starts in childhood .
Unattractive children are considered less bright than their peers.
They are given less attention from teachers .
Attractive criminals are even given lighter sentences .
I briefly studied psychology and saw case studies that substantiate this and suggest it does indeed start in childhood. I think it is absolutely true. At work I met many students who were 'uncool', ignored or even disliked because the were considered less attractive than their peers. Sadly, this perception was often held by staff as well as fellow students.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:19 PM

Remy was ugly but only on the outside...

There have been tests done on interviewers who showed favour to attractive interviewees, when the same peoples CV's were presented they were rejected in favour of more qualified but less 'attractive'candidates who had failed at face to face interviews
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:22 PM

But what is attractive to one person is not necessarily attractive to others. I think that may invalidate such studies.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:31 PM

I definately agree that the more attractive have the advantage more so than the less so.
But many very attractive people male and females are often very ugly in their characters so it balances out in a way..I do also think that the more attractive people dont need to try so hard as the lesser ones,it seems they get more opportunities in life come their way.
Its sad but true!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some people are very attractive.....until they open their mouth!!
Lol ... that's very true. I've noticed a number of extremely good-looking young women, who ruin the whole 'package' by opening their mouths and screeching, often yelling at their children in an offensive manner.

Goodness knows what the children will grow into having suffered a childhood of verbal abuse, a barrage of 'language' by 'mommy dearest' !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:32 PM

But what is attractive to one person is not necessarily attractive to others. I think that may invalidate such studies.

There are some fairly usual parameters of what is general considered attractive.
ie Facial Symmetry, slimness, clear skin, wide spaced eyes among others.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Definitely. Loads of doors have opened to me because of how handsome I am.
I do so hope youre joking MJK as if not what an extremely ugly character you are!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
There are some fairly usual parameters of what is general considered attractive.
ie Facial Symmetry, slimness, clear skin, wide spaced eyes among others.
Yes, but it's still very subjective, and many might disagree about such features.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 03:37 PM

I still believe in the old saying 'handsome is as handsome does'

Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top