Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Re: Slimming World--anyone tried it ?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's really interesting Art, because I decided I wanted to lose a bit recently too, but I've been doing the 5:2 diet.
I too, have noticed my skin is drier, drier than it's ever been before.
Although I always moisturise after a shower, I can still feel the my skin has changed.
Mups, It's for those reasons l don't diet anymore! l'm sitting here feeling sick and guilty as l have just eaten a Malteser Easter egg and a small Lindt chocolate rabbit!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, It's for those reasons l don't diet anymore! l'm sitting here feeling sick and guilty as l have just eaten a Malteser Easter egg and a small Lindt chocolate rabbit!!

Ooh, you're a bad girl tonight art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 10:18 PM

Ooh, you're a bad girl tonight art.
Mups, For my dinner I did have a healthy chicken and vegetable soup that l made earlier in my pressure cooker!
Temptation is a terrible thing!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 10:23 PM

Mups, For my dinner I did have a healthy chicken and vegetable soup that l made earlier in my pressure cooker!
Temptation is a terrible thing!!

It is indeed Art. We must stay strong and resist temptation
though.

We will be irresistable when we are slim and sylph-like again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-04-2016, 10:34 PM

It is indeed Art. We must stay strong and resist temptation
though.

We will be irresistable when we are slim and sylph-like again.
I always think you have to be really disciplined to diet successfully but it gets hard! It might seem that l have been a piggy for the chocolate today but l didn't eat chocolate for 40 days for Lent!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 08:21 AM

Slimming world sell some wonderful chocolate bars , in fact many of different flavours , they are delicious and can br eaten and synd . 3 syns a bar , the trouble is if I have a box here I eat the lot ..........

As I did yesterday , oh dear

My friend who I went with has returned a year later , she lost 4 stone but put on a stone , I've been a bit more careful and put on 4lb , but after eating the box of chocolates bars now need to get back on track
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 12:16 PM

I've not been to a Slimming Club but I got a Slow Cooker and made all the meals from scratch and I knew what was going into them. I found I was much healthier and I lost a couple of stone. I also cut out salt, sugar and changed from Lurpack to Flora light. Changed my milk to skimmed.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Slimming world introduced me to a new way of eating . good wholesome food and plenty of it . I love their way of making chips

Fry light spray .

Cut up potatoes into chips . place on oven tray sprayed with fry light. Sprinkle with salt . spray with fry light . pop in oven for half hour

Lush . fat free and delicious . a real treat

Good luck .
Thanks--but one problem I do not have---I do not eat chips--or potatoes in any form.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I put back on what I lost Mariana I didn't like the person I became as a slimmer size, couldn't take the comments all the time so faded back into the back ground as my larger self. But don't take that as something will happen to you I lost a vast amount if I had stopped at half as much lost I think I might have been happier.
Bad luck Julie---but I know that I am nev er going to be a skinny person--but it would be nice to go somewhere like Marks and Spencers and know that I can find something that will fit--that I also like---plus I have a whole suitcase of clothes from my "thinner days" have maneged to get into some of them--as they range through quite a few sizes !!!
mariana
Kent. Uk.

02-04-2016, 12:27 PM

Am l right in thinking that Slimming World has a different diet plan these days?
I went to Slimming World about 20 years ago. l wasn't ever so fat l just wanted to lose a little bit. At the time, you chose a 'Red' day and a 'Green' day. It was also a very low fat diet where l lost the weight but my skin and hair went very dry. I noticed the ones with the greatest weight loss had beautiful figures but their faces were dry and ill looking. I mentioned about the dry skin during a 'question and answer' part of the session and l was soon quietened by the Slimming World organisers who sort of, moved swiftly onto the next question!
You are right Artangel--I tried it when they were doing red and green days--but I could never get to grips with it--lost over 3 stone with WW a while ago, but could not keep it up. The new Slimming World Plan looks much easier to understand--and loads more variety. But to me, I think you still would have to be sensible about what you eat.
Anyway--we shall see !!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top