Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:24 PM

Re: My beautiful Agapanthus

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We all have our moments, Mups

I would love to see a Strawberry Ice and Black Panther on, they both sounds very interesting...

I'm shall leave my Agapanthus collection to you in my will, Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm shall leave my Agapanthus collection to you in my will, Mags.
Ooh... do they come with Gertie as well?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:57 PM

Ooh... do they come with Gertie as well?

Oh yes, I wasn't going to tell you that bit incase you wouldn't take the Agapanthus.

Yesterday she was a monkey. She pinched 3 pairs of socks I'd just got in off the line, plus a pair of knickers, then sneaked into the bathroom and nicked my bath sponge. I later found it shredded down the garden!

She is writing a book next - "A day in the life of Gertie", recommending all the things a young pup can do to vex her mum.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:13 PM

Oh yes, I wasn't going to tell you that bit incase you wouldn't take the Agapanthus.

Yesterday she was a monkey. She pinched 3 pairs of socks I'd just got in off the line, plus a pair of knickers, then sneaked into the bathroom and nicked my bath sponge. I later found it shredded down the garden!

She is writing a book next - "A day in the life of Gertie", recommending all the things a young pup can do to vex her mum.
She must be a joy to own, Mups
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-08-2017, 10:14 PM

She must be a joy to own, Mups

I love every inch of her really, and I am just glad she is now well enough to do these things and be so mischievous and happy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 01:23 AM

Don't think they are quite the same thing Bruce.
Different botanical name, and different type of flower.
I am pretty sure they are the same plant. These...

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-08-2017, 11:56 AM

That's funny Bruce, because your picture does look like our Agapanthus, yet you called them 'Star of Bethlehem' which is a different plant altogether, and they are white, not blue.

That's what's confusing me.

Have a look at star of Bethlehem here, and it not the same as an Agapanthus.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orn...plant-care.htm

and here:

https://www.healingherbs.co.uk/essen...m#.WZAwRlWGO1s
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 12:12 PM

That's funny Bruce, because your picture does look like our Agapanthus, yet you called them 'Star of Bethlehem' which is a different plant altogether, and they are white, not blue.

That's what's confusing me.

Have a look at star of Bethlehem here, and it not the same as an Agapanthus.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orn...plant-care.htm

and here:

https://www.healingherbs.co.uk/essen...m#.WZAwRlWGO1s
They are just called Star of Bethlehem because they flower at Chrstmas I think same reason for the name of Christmas Beetles. Most flowers are blooming late August to late October (excluding things like Grevillea)

They are nothing like the things you call Star of Bethlehem. Every other garden in my street has Agapanthus, as I say they grow like a weed in this climate.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
They are just called Star of Bethlehem because they flower at Chrstmas I think same reason for the name of Christmas Beetles. Most flowers are blooming late August to late October (excluding things like Grevillea)

They are nothing like the things you call Star of Bethlehem. Every other garden in my street has Agapanthus, as I say they grow like a weed in this climate.

Ah, so there lies the confusion then. How strange that Star of Bethlehem can be two entirely different plants.
I think we are finally on the same wavelength.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

14-08-2017, 04:03 AM

I was walking behind the local community centre today so I took a picture of the inevitable Agapanthus.

At this time of the year they are not very exciting (ignore the interlopers) and when they do flower people pull the flowers off to stop them spreading. they are like Nasturtiums referred to elsewhere, they self seed and spread like mad

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-08-14 12.08.24.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	3670  

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top