Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 06:31 PM

Re: Fodmaps

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Modern man is ingesting far, far more sugar, artificial sweeteners, processed foods, preservatives, alcohol, fats etc etc etc etc than at any time in human history.
And living far longer.
All true. But crucially we are living in very poor health and most are requiring a number of treatments, drugs, pills and potions in order to treat the symptoms largely caused by our ingestion of bad foods and drinks.

The increase in sugars and sweeteners is very purposeful and is being perpetrated by conglomerate manufacturers hell bent on profits and together with those who also make huge profits from the medical treatments. Government are in their back pockets and therefore permit this purposeful contamination of a great many foodstuffs on out supermarket shelves.

As for human history, I tend to believe that long ago humans lived far far longer than we do now. Many 100s of years in fact. We are just part of an engineered slave race who are permitted a tiny life span in order that we don't get too clever and see the bigger picture.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
.... I tend to believe that long ago humans lived far far longer than we do now.
Many 100s of years in fact.
We are just part of an engineered slave race who are permitted a tiny life span in order that we don't get too clever and see the bigger picture.
Right, gotcha.
No doubt about that
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 07:04 PM

There are some with coeliac disease who follow the Fodmap diet if they have bloating, not sure how effective it is, though.

As for artificial sweeteners I have them in tea and they have never affected me so I'll stick with 'em! I'm sure there are far worse things to eat.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 07:27 PM

So what is safe to eat or drink!
If I mention water from the tap, what dangers are you going to come back with?
It I decide to give up sweetener, I could use bee vomit.
I have so far survived for 78 years, so I must be doing and eating right.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 07:58 PM

Well as long as you are keeping well that is alright.
Not everyone has the luck to be healthy it may be due not just food but to the lottery of genetics.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 01:25 AM

My mother was one of five siblings.
They died at 99yrs11months and two weeks, 98, 97, 96, and one at 80.
The one who conked at 80 was the most health-conscious, diet-nut, non-smoking, non-drinking, slim, vitamin-popping exercise freak.

All the rest smoked, drank, avoided exercise like the plague, and ate whatever they liked.

Reckon my genes should see me through as long as I keep well-clear of 'healthy' stuff.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 06:53 PM

Modern man is ingesting far, far more sugar, artificial sweeteners, processed foods, preservatives, alcohol, fats etc etc etc etc than at any time in human history.
And living far longer.
Well, that's because medical science is far more advanced than it used to be. And big pharma is making a mint off of us because we take medications to counter the effects of all the damage we do to our bodies.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 06:55 PM

My mother was one of five siblings.
They died at 99yrs11months and two weeks, 98, 97, 96, and one at 80.
The one who conked at 80 was the most health-conscious, diet-nut, non-smoking, non-drinking, slim, vitamin-popping exercise freak.

All the rest smoked, drank, avoided exercise like the plague, and ate whatever they liked.

Reckon my genes should see me through as long as I keep well-clear of 'healthy' stuff.
Reminds me of a story I read several years ago about a woman who was well over 100 years old. When asked what her secret to longevity was, she said, "Jack Daniels and 15 cigarettes a day."

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 11:33 PM

I wonder how many people have actually met a really old smoker though.
Linda0818
USA

26-11-2016, 11:41 PM

My Aunt Jewel. She was a chain-smoker and made it to 83. Not a bad stretch for someone who smoked as much as she did. She'd light a new cigarette with the one she just got done smoking. The only time she didn't have a cigarette in her hand is when she was asleep.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top