Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 08:20 AM

Re: Deportation plane protests

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Who knows? They may have jobs but thought it important enough to raise awareness, so took a day's holiday from work or took some flexitime owed.

What worries me is how did they all manage to get that close to an aeroplane, without going through any security procedures?
I don't know how many there were but I read that 17 were arrested - if they could all get onto the runway, then what's to stop terrorists getting in?
Good point, Boot.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 08:48 AM

There was a similar protest at City airport by Black Lives matter a few months ago. The security concerns were brought up then. Perhaps Stansted is still unprotected because they think even terrorists won't want to go there of their own free will.

The group that led this one is modelled on some similar group that supported miners in the 80s. They are anti right-wing activists in general, not just about LGBT issues.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Who knows? They may have jobs but thought it important enough to raise awareness, so took a day's holiday from work or took some flexitime owed.

What worries me is how did they all manage to get that close to an aeroplane, without going through any security procedures?
I don't know how many there were but I read that 17 were arrested - if they could all get onto the runway, then what's to stop terrorists getting in?
They were taking a huge risk, a week after the London attack, anything could have happened. They were trespassing and should expect to face the consequences.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 10:41 AM

Hi

We take genuine refugees who have absolutely nothing and so we should.

We are not here to fund everyone who wishes to come here.

There are many countries closer to Nigeria they could have gone to and been safe.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 11:13 AM

There are many countries closer to Nigeria they could have gone to and been safe.

Absolutely agree, which makes you think some are not genuine.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 11:14 AM

I think they're lucky that we sent them home by airliner.

They should have been sent by tramp steamer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Absolutely agree, which makes you think some are not genuine.
Most of them are not genuine.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The gay thing is hard to prove, they accept anon going relationship but if you are in a country where being gay gets you killed you are hardly going to be out and proud.
Think the gay quote was a red herring...witch is sad.
Petesmum
New Member!
Lancashire, uk
Petesmum is female 

30-04-2017, 10:50 AM

Most of these so-called protesters are just 'rent-a-mob'. They will take any opportunity to cause disruption, whatever the cause. Of course, illegals have to be deported. When will people wake up to the fact that there is a limit to the number of people any country can support. We reached 'full-up' a long time ago.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 12:20 PM

Hi

I fail to see why the UK should accept everyone who wants to come here.

If you are Gay in Nigeria, move across the border to Niger where it is not a criminal offence to be gay.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top