Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TolitSen
New Member!
Dhaka, Bangladesh
TolitSen is male 

01-04-2017, 04:51 PM

How can I keep my health and fitness good?

Hello mate,

Greetings! Hope I might get some better ideas from this community. I would like to keep my health and fitness well. But I am accustomed to do smoking. And doing this over 10 years. Now I feel that I should quit smoking right now to keep my fitness well. But don't know much better way which can help me to quit easily and naturally. I have heard e-juice and vaping is the best method and works better as an alternative of smoking. Could you guys suggest me few better ways?

I will wait for your further reply.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 04:55 PM

Re: How can I keep my health and fitness good?

What is e-juice?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 07:20 PM

I think it's the liquid concoction you buy to put into your vape thingy Mups.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by TolitSen ->
Hello mate,

Greetings! Hope I might get some better ideas from this community. I would like to keep my health and fitness well. But I am accustomed to do smoking. And doing this over 10 years. Now I feel that I should quit smoking right now to keep my fitness well. But don't know much better way which can help me to quit easily and naturally. I have heard e-juice and vaping is the best method and works better as an alternative of smoking. Could you guys suggest me few better ways?

I will wait for your further reply.
Good decision !
Use will power.
My husband was a heavy smoker and he stopped overnight and never smoked again .
There is no natural way to quite smoking because smoking isn't natural .
I believe some people use gum or patches .
Getting fit and smoking are not really compatible
Smoking increases your risk of not only lung cancer but heart failure so stop now
Good luck!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 09:41 PM

I must admit that I smoked fifteen a day all of my competitive running career.
There were many non smokers who finished behind me, I would leave them behind on the hills when out fell running, and liked nothing better than to light up after a race. I always thought it would be my lungs that would be the first thing to suffer from the demon fags, but they never did. Even to this day I never suffer from coughs and can hold my breath under water for over a minute and a half.

I tried stopping on many occasions and failed......Until my first Heart Attack on 30th May 2004 and that was the last time I ever smoked.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 12:18 AM

Think of smoking as a harmful drug which enters your body and gradually kills your insides. That would be enough for me to quit.
Watch your diet and exercise regularly. pending any unforeseen ailments and horrible diseases, that should ensure a healthy lifestyle.
TolitSen
New Member!
Dhaka, Bangladesh
TolitSen is male 

03-04-2017, 11:37 AM

Hello mate,

Thanks for your great replies behind my post here. Actually I am much more interested in vaping. And I have found few vendors which offer this kind of tobacco products. I visited their review sites as well. Some of them have 90 days money back guarantee. Here is one of them Black Note [link removed]
What do you think? Thanks!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 04:29 PM

Hello mate,

Thanks for your great replies behind my post here. Actually I am much more interested in vaping. And I have found few vendors which offer this kind of tobacco products. I visited their review sites as well. Some of them have 90 days money back guarantee. Here is one of them Black Note [link removed]
What do you think? Thanks!
Hi.
The jury's out on vaping - some say it's possibly even more dangerous than smoking, if that doesn't shorten your life enough already.
I can't understand why anybody in their right minds would go to such drastic measures as to willingly inhale a cocktail of two dozen unknown chemicals into their body without knowing the long-term effects. It's like somebody coming up to me and saying "Take this pill" and me saying "Doh, okay then!"
Quit altogether if you can and at least all you have to deal with is the smog in our unclean atmosphere.
Sorry to be a little heavy there, TolitSen
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 04:47 PM

Nobody's life was ever enhanced or improved by using nicotine. It's a stupid thing to do, and I haven't smoked for 30-odd years so I know whereof I speak. Same with alcohol, really.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Now I feel that I should quit smoking right now to keep my fitness well. But don't know much better way which can help me to quit easily and naturally.
You have a mind, and you have a body. The body will yearn for things and the mind intellectually knows things. It is up to you which is in control. If you believe the yearnings of your body are sensible and will lead to good health then give the body what it yearns. On the other hand, if the body is yearning for a poisonous cocktail of health damaging chemicals then the mind should easily conclude that the body is idiotic. Therefore let your mind rule.

You need nothing except to properly decide that smoking is stupid and ultimately suicidal. Once you make that decision, just refuse to ever put a cigarette in your mouth again.

Your body might well groan and whinge and beg for nicotine, but if your mind is in control, then you will deny it. Then you just have to find ways of shutting the body up.

No-one is forcing you to smoke, it is you and you alone that are (frankly very strangely) self-harming. It's entirely your choice. Stopping smoking isn't about rehab or nicotine patches or e-juice or any other nonsense. Stopping smoking is a simple life decision, a rational decision, a decision of the mind, not of the body.

I have heard e-juice and vaping is the best method and works better as an alternative of smoking.
Suggesting Vaping tells me you haven't yet properly addressed what you are doing, i.e. self-harming. You are suggesting replacing one form of self-harming with another form of self-harming. That's just silly.

You are not yet ready to stop smoking because the body is still running the show. When the mind is in control, you will just stop, plain and simple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top