Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:20 PM

Re: Being old is boring

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Only jokin.....I'm bored
You bastard! I dashed down the garage for flowers and a card!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:25 PM

How sweet of you.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Feeling relaxed and thinking back to all the pastimes I used to love. Even thought about trying a few out once again but I know they will no longer be suitable owing to a change of attitude regarding certain aspects of them. Take fishing for example …

I used to love going fishing. I would spend all day at the seaside in all sorts of weather reveling in all the gory details. The twitch of the rod when I came would make it all worth while. Now though I know for a fact being older has spoiled it for me. For one thing I care for living creatures far too much now to even put worms on the hook without feeling remorseful. The thought of sticking a hook in the mouth of another when there is no need to do so but for selfish sporting reasons again assails my sensibilities. What about guns and hunting?

I was obsessed with air guns. I had loads and I tuned a few to achieve quite alarming projectile speeds. I was also a damn good shot. The number of birds I sent to their birdie graves doesn't bear thinking about. I used to revel in it and would spend hours waiting for a particular prey to show. Now though? I can hear the sound of the pellet hitting home at times and the thud of a dead bird of my feet. It doesn't make me feel at all comfortable, let's put it that way.

So, all in all becoming older is undoubtedly a recipe for a life of doing sod all bar for pottering around in the garden where nothing is overly disturbed. Is this wisdom or something far more insidious?

PS: this is NOT about me and my bleeding hobbies ... sheesh.

This is about ...

The point of this post is about the changes we undergo as we become older and what are they for? Why do people change their attitude to various things? What are the reasons behind it all? Is this wisdom taking shape?
If you still feel the same way about this time next year, perhaps you'd come over with your airgun and keep the flipping pidgeons and magpies away from my blue tits!
...........Could make you feel a bit useful too!!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
How sweet of you.
They do a special offer on the flowers after 10pm.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:45 PM

You say some daft things at times Mark.
No way being older is boring.
Get with the programme BOY !!lol,lol,lol!!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
You say some daft things at times Mark.
No way being older is boring.
Get with the programme BOY !!lol,lol,lol!!
Well, I was bored .
kedro
New Member!
USA
kedro is male 

02-07-2017, 09:21 PM

The topic title is:
Being old is boring

But replying to that is called "off topic"
I think the original post itself went off the topic of the title.

Why bother learning new things if one does not put them to use and instead just keep doing the same things one has always done? One learns, one changes.

As for 'being old is boring'. Not for me. A hassle at times with aches and pains and such, but boring, no.

I go out dancing 5 or more nights a week (thus the aches and pains) and find I often feel so much younger being around so many happy people - more so when I am holding a woman and she makes me feel I am floating across the dance floor!

Boring is just an attitude.
An old saying:
It takes a boring person to be bored.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
If you still feel the same way about this time next year, perhaps you'd come over with your airgun and keep the flipping pidgeons and magpies away from my blue tits!
...........Could make you feel a bit useful too!!!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...animal-torture.

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top