Join for free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 02:52 PM

The Polish and Others are leaving.

Hi

Brexit is already having having an impact.

The high earners, the ones we need due to skill shortages are leaving in droves.

Zac and Derek are leaving, my Polish friends who lived with me part time.

No longer feel welcome and the fall in the £ means they cannot afford to stay.

Net result, a loss of over £20k in UK tax paid and three UK redundancies and a £15k a year loss in rent for their Industrial Unit.

The Polish Paediatrician who stayed with me for a while is also going, to Germany, so are three Spanish Nurses.

Piotyr, the head Cheesemaker at a big local concern, is leaving next month for the Netherlands.

Manek and Damian are leaving, Hydraulics Engineers, going to work for Liebherr, leaving a big local exporter in the lurch.

All of them on the list of skills shortages we have.

Closer to home. My Son has disappeared off to Taiwan.

My daughter is disappearing off to Germany.

Not bragging, but they both payed Higher Rate Tax.

My daughters Company, who she works for, paid around £240 million in tax here in the UK, we will lose around £150 million because of Brexit.

We must accept that times will not be good for a few years.

Time to accept that life cannot continue as it was.

It is a price that I am willing to pay.

Get real Folks, Brexit is going to hurt, it will hurt Pensioners most, but it is a price worth paying, for our kids future and our Grandkids future.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:03 PM

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

That was jolly Swims ...

So I gather from that that Spaniards and Poles you know are leaving because they think Brexit will hurt the UK and damage their own prospects here?
Grass looks greener elsewhere now?
Brexit was never going to a breeze and it remains to be seen how austere things might get.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Brexit is already having having an impact.

The high earners, the ones we need due to skill shortages are leaving in droves.

Zac and Derek are leaving, my Polish friends who lived with me part time.

No longer feel welcome and the fall in the £ means they cannot afford to stay.

Net result, a loss of over £20k in UK tax paid and three UK redundancies and a £15k a year loss in rent for their Industrial Unit.

The Polish Paediatrician who stayed with me for a while is also going, to Germany, so are three Spanish Nurses.

Piotyr, the head Cheesemaker at a big local concern, is leaving next month for the Netherlands.

Manek and Damian are leaving, Hydraulics Engineers, going to work for Liebherr, leaving a big local exporter in the lurch.

All of them on the list of skills shortages we have.

Closer to home. My Son has disappeared off to Taiwan.

My daughter is disappearing off to Germany.

Not bragging, but they both payed Higher Rate Tax.

My daughters Company, who she works for, paid around £240 million in tax here in the UK, we will lose around £150 million because of Brexit.

We must accept that times will not be good for a few years.

Time to accept that life cannot continue as it was.

It is a price that I am willing to pay.

Get real Folks, Brexit is going to hurt, it will hurt Pensioners most, but it is a price worth paying, for our kids future and our Grandkids future.
I would honestly like to know just how Brexit is going to make things better for our kids and grandkids. Our kids currently have to bring up our grandkids don't they? Okay, so if our kids lose their jobs, how is that going to help them or our grandkids?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That was jolly Swims ...

So I gather from that that Spaniards and Poles you know are leaving because they think Brexit will hurt the UK and damage their own prospects here?
Grass looks greener elsewhere now?
Brexit was never going to a breeze and it remains to be seen how austere things might get.
Hi

They are fathers and mothers Morti.

I can get £7k a year under the Rent a Room Scheme tax free.

A sum of money which more than pays my mortgage and which provides me with company, not to mention, with my recent illness, help which otherwise i would i have to pay for.

I have no objection at all to Immigrants who pay their way and do not claim benefits in any way, shape or form.

I have an agreement with local Businesses and the NHS to provide temporary accommodation for those who we have skill shortages for.

They are well aware of the fact that I will refuse to accept anyone who claims Benefits here or for their children,either here or living abroad.

We, the UK, are not a Charity.

If they come and contribute, at no cost, fine.

If they do not, out they go.

I just find it bizarre that we are losing those who pay more in than we get out from them.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:49 PM

Just what did you expect? These people are not stupid, they won't stay where they are not wanted.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:52 PM

Here we go again ...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:56 PM

Here we go again ...
Nobody is keeping you.
wrinkles
New Member!
Gloucestershire
wrinkles is male 

21-05-2017, 04:03 PM

All the foreigners leaving, its not all bad news then
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-05-2017, 04:16 PM

Here we go again ...
Hi

That is what we are up against Morti.

UJ and Purwell and others.

We are not a Registered Charity.

Come here and and contribute more than you pay in, great.

Come here and rip off the system, no thanks.

My Polish friends think we are mad, it would never happen in Poland.

You only get out of the system what you have paid in.

They are lovely people, pay vast amounts of UK tax, but quite happy to earn the money in the UK, far more than they could ever earn in Poland.

Also quite happy to give me, as a friend, enough tobacco and tubes to ensure that 20 fags costs me £1.20 a packet.

When Brexit arrives, the cost will shoot up.

Shortly I will have enough supplies to last me at least 8 years.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 05:01 PM

Those leaving were taking away jobs from our own people

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top