Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 07:40 AM

Re: BBC bias

I used to be fed up with MPs especially the PM not answering questions, now I'm fed up with the presenters not letting them.
They seem to be butting in all the time!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 07:47 AM

These question shows have had their day, all this live stuff is unfair, it does not give enough time to think of the right answer.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by tessa ->
i used to be fed up with mps especially the pm not answering questions, now i'm fed up with the presenters not letting them.
They seem to be butting in all the time!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
These question shows have had their day, all this live stuff is unfair, it does not give enough time to think of the right answer.
They should be prepared and ready with the lies to suit the occasion.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 03:31 PM

Is it one of Aesop's fables about the north wind versus the warm sun in trying to get a coat off a man? Paxo's style has it's place, but the politicians aren't stupid and are used to bar-room confrontations, and will react more cautiously to the North wind style of questioning by wrapping themselves up in their tried and tested arguments, regardless of what the actual question is. It seems to me that they tend to mess up and admit more when they don't feel threatened and intimidated. So although entertaining in its own way, if handled differently by someone else, wider cracks and inconsistencies could have been discovered by letting these seasoned and professional politicians hang themselves by their own rope.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 03:33 PM

I think the BBC is less biased than other media sources.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think the BBC is less biased than other media sources.
Not really, the BBC also do subtle as well as the obvious.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 10:57 PM

Media can make or break people. This is probably more so in the US than here but we are not far behind. Think about it those who own the media - TV, news stations - news papers and so on - can run any derogatory campaign against any that don't tow their own party line. In the US if you dare go against the string pullers you can kiss your career goodbye as you will either be slandered or ignored - both of which will be the end of you. Same here more or less.

It makes for sobering reflection to find out who indeed owns the media both here and in the US.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 07:20 AM

Free and truthful reported? Selective and PC more like.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7767101.html

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top