Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 01:29 PM

Re: Who would be your Jonah?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The veil of deceit? Nope, not witnessed that.

The only one's I see threatening my very existence and the existence of my family and friend's is the threat from terror groups....not individuals, as such.

To protect those we must counter these attacks on society...I don't condone violence I encourage it....in the form of military action.
#
Anyway....too much of a diversion on Tarantulas thread...over and out.
Merely skating on the surface .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Not in very good taste in my opinion. Then again it emphasises our liberal Western ways whereby you can ridicule Jesus and all he stands for quite freely. You wouldn't be so free with your words with regard to other religious icons now would you.

By the way what are you with regard to a 'belief? I consider myself a Christian Atheist, which sounds contradictory but isn't.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ch...GY6O8QfLtZzoCQ

I consider Christianity to be the only force capable of turning the world around, and away, from its dreadful future of one world order. Might be time all atheists realised this and ditched their superior opt-out manner else they could find themselves under a regime that has all the hall marks of being created by followers ... of ... wait forrit ...

THE DEVIL

I kid you not ...
The god featured in the Bible is evil, Satan could be no worse!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 01:39 PM

I don't believe in anything that doesn't exist so, although there may have been a man called Jesus.. he certainly wasn't the son of god... probably just a good talker or magician.
Now to get back to the original question..... I wont throw Jesus out because he doesn't exist. Theresa May is a woman, so I wouldn't throw her out as I may need some intelligent help. Hmmm that leaves Donald and Jeremy Trump tries to be a dominant male, so I would be likely to murder him, and as Jeremy claims that he always cares for the needy I would be concerned that he would be asking us for slices of our flesh, so he could feed the hungry sharks.

Ahh now I have the answer! I would get Donald and Jeremy to go for a swim together, then I would ask the non existent Jesus if he could turn my hairpin into an outboard motor , like he did in all the fairy stories about him, and when he had finished Theresa and I could speed away.... hopefully drinking the champagne I asked her to bring.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The god featured in the Bible is evil, Satan could be no worse!
This reply will get deleted I expect but you are a complete moron. I would really like to know what faith you do follow - if any. I think I know what and who you follow though . As I said before tolerance is wearing thin.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 01:52 PM

This reply will get deleted I expect but you are a complete moron. I would really like to know what faith you do follow - if any.
You obviously have never read the Bible if you think the god featured there is a decent entity. I was brought up as an evangelical Christian, I even did the 'saved' bit at 11. Fortunately I lost my faith by the time I grew out of my teens, when I realised there was no evidence to support it.

I do have to ask the question, what good has your faith done you? Your posts don't give the impression it has made you a good person.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 02:03 PM

You obviously have never read the Bible if you think the god featured there is a decent entity. I was brought up as an evangelical Christian, I even did the 'saved' bit at 11. Fortunately I lost my faith by the time I grew out of my teens, when I realised there was no evidence to support it.

I do have to ask the question, what good has your faith done you? Your posts don't give the impression it has made you a good person.
I consider myself a 'Seeker of the TRUTH'. Being 'good' has no bearing with regard to my demeanor whist attempting to uncover hidden meanings. You have to use an iron prod at times. Sometimes one hot out of the oven at that. Interrogation calls for a heavy hand more often than not. No, I wouldn't consider myself 'good' but then again I don't have to consider being so either as I lead a fairly solitary life. I prefer it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 02:07 PM

having no faith hasn't either.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 02:15 PM

I consider myself a 'Seeker of the TRUTH'. Being 'good' has no bearing with regard to my demeanor whist attempting to uncover hidden meanings. You have to use an iron prod at times. Sometimes one hot out of the oven at that. Interrogation calls for a heavy hand more often than not. No, I wouldn't consider myself 'good' but then again I don't have to consider being so either as I lead a fairly solitary life. I prefer it.
What truth? In my opinion, there is no point in having a faith unless it makes you a better person.

Anyway this is off topic.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 02:21 PM

All faiths cannot be backed up with empirical knowledge - we all know that, but to understand why they came in to existence still has great relevance.

I haven't read the bible - or the Quran - or the Torah come to that. I should at least have a stab at the New Testament and the Quran (again). I have tried before but they were both so hard going and seemingly so antiquated they held little appeal. By the looks of it I will have to try harder. Oh well, another few books to work through to get at the 'TRUTH' .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 02:23 PM

What truth? In my opinion, there is no point in having a faith unless it makes you a better person.

Anyway this is off topic.
No 'faith' for me - just understanding. I equate that as being enough.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top